PDA

View Full Version : Yak-18T?

Walter
July 28th, 2014, 16:45
Does anybody know of a decent Yak-18T for FSX? I've recently discovered the aircraft and I've taken quite the liking to it!

Many thanks,

Walter

WarHorse47
July 28th, 2014, 17:51
Swingman did one for FS9. Not sure if it can be brought over to FSX. Worth a try??

Walter
July 28th, 2014, 18:23
I haven't dug deep, but it seems that his Yak-18 is not the T model. The one I'm looking for is this:

falcon409
July 28th, 2014, 18:40
There is one here:
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircrafts-79/yak-18t-42766.html?action=download&hl=

You may have to register if you haven't already. I'm checking it out now.

falcon409
July 28th, 2014, 18:47
Nice little airplane. . .looks great in P3D_V2.2 but nothing is clickable (same problem as most non-native FSX aircraft). Most likely perfect in FSX though. Enjoy!

Walter
July 28th, 2014, 19:22
Thanks for the help! It is clickable, however, not much works. I have to hold G if I want the gear to stay up, and I have to hold F8 if I want the flaps to stay down. It's a good start, though. Nice exterior model!

I'd really be nice to see a payware model some day!

Many thanks,

Walter

Draenog
July 28th, 2014, 23:54
Thanks for the help! It is clickable, however, not much works. I have to hold G if I want the gear to stay up, and I have to hold F8 if I want the flaps to stay down. It's a good start, though. Nice exterior model!

I'd really be nice to see a payware model some day!

Many thanks,

Walter

The pneumatic system switch has to be on for the gear and flaps to work correctly....... I think...... it's been a while since i flew this model.

Daube
July 29th, 2014, 01:27
I flew this model in FSX a long time ago, but the one I downloaded suffered from gauge problems: some logic was not working properly. The pneumatic system would sometimes refuse to work, and the engine would get on fire after a few seconds of flights (without overheat). In the end, I uninstalled it. The 3D model and the virtual cockpit were extremely nice though. I would love to see such an aircraft in native-FSX format with full P3D compatibility.

falcon409
July 29th, 2014, 05:12
The pneumatic system switch has to be on for the gear and flaps to work correctly....... I think...... it's been a while since i flew this model.
Yes, there is a whole bank of switches that must be activated, for literally every gauge and cockpit function it seems, lol. Anyway, I had no problems at all flying it, making the landing gear, flaps, etc work properly and flew it for over 45 minutes in P3D_V2.2. It would be a nice aircraft to have a fully native FSX version of (maybe even one that works in V2.2??).

jonraptor
July 29th, 2014, 08:39
This is definitely an aircraft that you have to fly by the book, read the procedures list for the aircraft it goes a long way to making sure everything works right. I have yet to fly the bird in P3d but I remember it being a joy to fly in FSX.

falcon409
July 29th, 2014, 09:00
. . . . .I have yet to fly the bird in P3d but I remember it being a joy to fly in FSX.
If you have V1.4, it works perfectly, VC is clickable. . . .however in V2.2 all that goes away. It still looks and flies great, but you must rely on the pop-ups to ensure everything is turned on.