PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to ACES!

MM
January 23rd, 2009, 13:13
A personal note of thanks to all the men and women at ACES who have given us such a wonderful simulation over the years. You have created something far more important than a mere commercial product.
<o:p> </o:p>
Best Wishes during the tough times ahead. Our hearts go out to you.
Let's all raise our glasses…Three Cheers for all the people at ACES.

harleyman
January 23rd, 2009, 13:33
Totally agree here.....:applause::applause::applause:

Cazzie
January 23rd, 2009, 13:37
A personal note of thanks to all the men and women at ACES who have given us such a wonderful simulation over the years. You have created something far more important than a mere commercial product.

Hear! hear! And with hope, we can all get computers that will catch up to FSX, which is wonderful since Acceleration with SP1 and SP2. Now, we'll just let scenery and aircraft developers play with the SDK. FS9 is far from dead yet and with that for me, FSGW3. I still prefer to make all my videos in FS9, because it is stutter-free. even on Instant Replay, smething that FSX does not like on my rig.

But I hope something arises for the ACES team. Just think what they and X-Plane could come up with? :engel016:

Caz

Argentum68
January 23rd, 2009, 14:06
Hear hear!

I don't know who could possibly have the resources to pick the product up (Electronic Arts?) but over the longer run it's also not good for the third party software makers.

I can say I'm very satisfied with FSX's capabilities- my tribute to the fantastic work of the ACES team... though I was looking forward to an FS 11 that is 64-bit and somewhat better engineered for multi-threading (as we know, FSX's multi-threading was an afterthought as described by Phil Taylor long ago).

I know these are tough times - seen the effects all around me- but I just find it hard to believe that a company like MSFT, with their resources and departments like Microsoft Research, somehow couldn't keep at least FSX going, even if it meant trimming staff to get the project to break-even.

Thoe6969
January 23rd, 2009, 14:56
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p> Same from me,I hope you can all go to work for some other company so they to can benefit from your skills,and hpoefully we can again also.

Navy Chief
January 23rd, 2009, 15:17
I extend my gratitude also!!! Thank you so very much for your hard work, and this wonderful sim!

:amen::amen:

NC

Ickie
January 23rd, 2009, 15:46
From me too, we all would not be here if it wasn't for the Aces Team, Thanks again. Ickie

N2056
January 23rd, 2009, 15:55
To Aces! :ernae:

FLighT01
January 23rd, 2009, 16:00
To Aces! :ernae:

Ditto!

PRB
January 23rd, 2009, 16:14
What MM said... Thanks, Team ACES.

Snuffy
January 23rd, 2009, 16:16
Thanks guys!

Sipos542
January 23rd, 2009, 16:20
Well after coming to consensus with this awful dream I’ve been having, I must say it was a great privilege working at ACES for the 6 months that I got to! So I thank ACES as well! The people that made up this studio are the most dedicated and enthusiastic people I could have ever imagined. We surely would have created some amazing things if it weren’t for this misfortune. I almost guarantee I will never have a job like this ever again! It was a very rewarding experience and I learned an incredible amount from it. I for one am not going to let this be the end of my creativeness for the sim. I still want to create a couple missions and projects I’ve had in mind. Or perhaps team up with some other 3d party teams if they need a mission builder. With the vast amount of knowledge I’ve gained from mission building these past few months, I’m sure I make some cool stuff for the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> party community.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Anyways, I will still have fun with the FSX platform we have - while I probably go back to school to gain some more knowledge on the subject of programming, game design, 3d modeling. So I can make my own flight sim! If Microsoft doesn’t want to do anymore, I’ll step in! hehe :wavey:
-Joey Sipos
http://siposstudios.spaces.live.com/

limjack
January 23rd, 2009, 16:21
Aces, Flight sim has been apart of my life since the 80s with my first computer the Commodore 64. I was always eager for the new additions that seem to come out every few years. I new each time a new release would come out that I would be looking at a better program all around. All my friends and family know that I am the flight sim guy and that is really the only program I use and focus on. So thankyou for all your hard work throughout the years. I am glad you guys gave us this wounderfull product. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families that you may survive through this tough time that we all face and that your talents and blessing will quickly be snatched up by other businesses.

Jim

heywooood
January 23rd, 2009, 16:29
Thanks for the FSX - best damn flight sim around

may you all find better positions in the nearest future :ernae:

RCAF_Gunner
January 23rd, 2009, 17:45
Yes indeed. Many, many hours of education, fun and friendship have come from the MSFS franchise starting for me back with CFS1 & FS2000 then every version since. My thanks to all the people past and present who brought flight simulator to us. I'm just learning of the current situation for the Aces team now. Like many I'm stunned by the news and, for now, I just want to express my thanks for the good times we've had, the openess the Aces team has shown for sharing with the community in recent years and, above all, best wishes for your future in these hard times.

Rick

Henry
January 23rd, 2009, 18:12
You all changed the last 15 years of my life
its all your fault
but thank you for that
im now 15 years old:woot:
H:guinness:
darn im too young to drink
well as you are disbanded
have a few on my tab
best wishes are with you
cheers
H

heywooood
January 23rd, 2009, 18:15
H you look dam old for 15...yer look like Benjamin Button fer f'sake- I doubt you'll be carded with that mug..for that other...errm...mug:ernae:

ryanbatc
January 23rd, 2009, 18:16
Thank you very much! :applause:

MCDesigns
January 23rd, 2009, 18:29
Agreed! We can get spoiled from time to time and not realize what a great thing we have right in front of us, so thank you guys for all the hard work !! :ernae:

dcc
January 23rd, 2009, 18:44
my regards as well to the ACES team for the FS world we play in. cheers! :ernae:

- dcc

crashaz
January 23rd, 2009, 18:52
Thanks Aces... have been a fan since flying over 2D World War I landscape.

Thanks.... Also I wouldn't have met the fantastic people here... many who I have had the opportunity to meet in real life.

Thanks... for all those hours of fun, the sleepless nights trying to make a realistic Pearl Harbor, to helping Sim-Outhouse win it's first Round The World title.

Thanks.... for caring and jumping in to participate with the community...even when you were not treated so well.

Thanks.. most of all for the memories... including the ones where I got to meet you all.
:wavey:

mike_cyul
January 23rd, 2009, 19:00
Yes indeed, thanks everyone at Aces. Some of the best times I've ever had in front of a computer were thanks to you.

:ernae:

Mike

CBris
January 23rd, 2009, 23:53
So long and thanks for all the fish...

So now the market is wide open at last. Microsoft probably did the flight sim world a big favour.

Francois
January 24th, 2009, 00:45
We have started a Facebook Group yesterday in support of FS and more specifically in support our many FS friends at Microsoft who were so rudely fired this week !

It may not help to bring FS development back on-line, but at keast it will show your respect and compassion for those people who have changed so many of our lives over the past 30 years !!!

JOIN NOW !!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59637588200

empeck
January 24th, 2009, 01:05
Thanks Aces for the best flight simulator ever, and for the best platform to build planes for.

Best wishes folks!

txnetcop
January 24th, 2009, 02:27
We are here for ya guys...M$ just made a bad misstep:ernae:
Ted

Roger
January 24th, 2009, 03:09
Got my first pc and Fs98 10 years ago and been relatively obsessed:costumes: ever since. Thanks ACES:applause::engel016:

Sascha66
January 24th, 2009, 03:28
Hear hear!

I don't know who could possibly have the resources to pick the product up (Electronic Arts?) but over the longer run it's also not good for the third party software makers.

I can say I'm very satisfied with FSX's capabilities- my tribute to the fantastic work of the ACES team... though I was looking forward to an FS 11 that is 64-bit and somewhat better engineered for multi-threading (as we know, FSX's multi-threading was an afterthought as described by Phil Taylor long ago).

I know these are tough times - seen the effects all around me- but I just find it hard to believe that a company like MSFT, with their resources and departments like Microsoft Research, somehow couldn't keep at least FSX going, even if it meant trimming staff to get the project to break-even.

See this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?threadid=8911 for a comment on that...

I hope that FS will continue to be the wonderful hobby it has been - I refuse to believe that the callous management *******s at MS can destroy this most magnificent of hobbies!

Thanks all you aces from ACES for doing your stuff so well!

Gnoopey
January 24th, 2009, 03:49
Yes indeed, thanks everyone at Aces. Some of the best times I've ever had in front of a computer were thanks to you.

:ernae:

Mike

... what Mike "said"!

ThankXXX & 'Gsundheit' :icon29:

Snaker
January 24th, 2009, 04:18
Just wanted to chime in and say that I am sorry for those people and their families who lost their jobs - hopefully with your training and background you can get on your feet soon.

Thanks to all former and recent Aces employees. Making it an open sandbox for everybody has been a great thing.

CBris
January 24th, 2009, 04:28
Thanks ACES....

As to MS, I reckon they just visit the forums, look at the "Left hand columns just under the avatars" and think to themselves "Bunch of old fogies, flightsim won't be missed"

Cynic, me?

foreigndevil
January 24th, 2009, 09:36
Cheers, ACES!:ernae:

MHAircraft
January 24th, 2009, 11:00
Thanks, and best of luck!

Wiens
January 24th, 2009, 11:20
Thanks ACES!! Even though some of us jeered @ FSX we still will cheer for you and the entire FS franchise.

:woot:

Kevin