PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying EZDOC Camera

Alpha Two Zero
July 22nd, 2014, 10:13
Hi Guys,
Been pondering whether to purchase EZDOC Camera. I have TRACKIR already, and just need to now if its worth having? I have read in a number of posts/forums that it can be a pigs ear to setup but once done it's great. Any tips will be greatly appreciated Timm

Christoph_T
July 22nd, 2014, 11:41
Hi Timm
I am dealing with the same question. After some research I am goeing to buy it.
It is many opportunities and will make flying much more fun.
There are enough tutorials at youtube, so you can learn very fast to master the software.

With best regards,

Christoph

srburger
July 22nd, 2014, 13:54
I use EZdok with TrackIR, and consider both essential. It's great to have the flexibility to be flying with TrackIR, smoothly move to a section of the panel that you can't get to (e.g., overhead panel, light switches under the yoke, etc.), then smoothly go back to TrackIR.

Once you get the hang of it, EZdok is very easy to use. J van E wrote a short, clear, and easy intro here (http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-tips_topic34746.html), and it will get you going.

There is only one thing I would add to that... The usual way of modifying views in EZdok is by using the keyboard and/or joystick hat switch to translate and rotate. Because of this, some people don't think you can have a precise, centered forward view. Well... the EZdok views are editable in notepad, and you can get an exact default forward view by opening the appropriate file and changing all the translation and rotation values (at the very top of the page) to 0.0. You can also use that as a template to create your other custom views.

olderndirt
July 22nd, 2014, 16:34
These videos are what made it finally clear to me. http://www.simforums.com/forums/my-ezdok-setup-videos_topic38637.html

Naismith
July 22nd, 2014, 23:35
Yes those are invaluable videos but if I may add another (its long) but it includes instructions not included in the above especially relating to TrackIR usage.

http://youtu.be/rEiOjB4mOUI

It can be frustrating but once up and running it is a wonderful tool.

Navy Chief
July 23rd, 2014, 10:23
EzDok is a great addon, once you get it configured! NC

DickB
July 28th, 2014, 02:45
Before you buy EZDOK, check out OpusFSX. Their Live Camera function is a lot easier to set up than EZDOK, and better IMO. Plus you also get a damn good weather engine.

clmooring
August 2nd, 2014, 10:18
How does a2a accufeel fit in with these camera products? Doesn't accufeel provide some to the same movement effects.

Naismith
August 2nd, 2014, 12:25
Accufeel is more an aural experience as opposed to a visual one as far as I am aware

DickB
August 3rd, 2014, 14:01
How does a2a accufeel fit in with these camera products? Doesn't accufeel provide some to the same movement effects.

I can't comment on EZCA, but Accufeel works well with OpusFSX Live Camera. I use Opus for the visual effects and Accufeel for the sound/vibration effects.