PDA

View Full Version : Cera Sim UH-60L won't start or stop

Wizard
July 21st, 2014, 10:04
I took an intial flight a couple of days ago in this bird following the check list and everything worked great. It now refuses to go "cold and dark" - even using the animation panel. The rotor keeps turning and sound still says it's flying - and even with no gas, everything turned off, it'll still fly. BUT - also there are no indications it has electrical power. Click on the "ready to fly" and although the battery and generators come on - still no power to the gauges, no change in rotor turning (it still makes the same sound), but it does fly - just like in the cold and dark setting.

Is there anyway to get the durned thing to either come up with electrical power - or to actually turn the thing completely dead, so I can start from scratch. Following the check list several times has made no difference.

gray eagle
July 21st, 2014, 11:23
I took an intial flight a couple of days ago in this bird following the check list and everything worked great. It now refuses to go "cold and dark" - even using the animation panel. The rotor keeps turning and sound still says it's flying - and even with no gas, everything turned off, it'll still fly. BUT - also there are no indications it has electrical power. Click on the "ready to fly" and although the battery and generators come on - still no power to the gauges, no change in rotor turning (it still makes the same sound), but it does fly - just like in the cold and dark setting.

Is there anyway to get the durned thing to either come up with electrical power - or to actually turn the thing completely dead, so I can start from scratch. Following the check list several times has made no difference.

To shut it down (for me) I usually hit the shift + 1 keys to kill it. I always use the animation panel and eventually, the blades will turn and start up then the APU on the animation panel lights up.
I dunno what to say for ya but, maybe there is something confused or jumbled up in the start up. Maybe wouldn't hurt to just reinstall it again and then maybe that will correct what ails it.
Just a thought. :adoration:

Sieggie
July 21st, 2014, 12:52
The bird is very picky about the FSX startup situation. If you do not use the default startup with the engines running then hit the cold and dark it could be in any wacked out state and not run correctly. For a fact the hyd pump 2 will not work correctly if you do not use the proper default start up situation, possibly other thing can also go haywire.

Dave

Wizard
July 21st, 2014, 13:07
Thanks guys, I think it's totally messed up. I hate to re-install, but I may have to. You would think that cold and dark would clear everything out for a fresh start. But it just never "starts" properly - or shutdown - even with the animationpanel as it now stands. ARRGGHH! If they are going to be so picky they ought to have a button that tells you what is wrong - like a good co-pilot would do.

MCDesigns
July 21st, 2014, 13:18
Thanks guys, I think it's totally messed up. I hate to re-install, but I may have to. You would think that cold and dark would clear everything out for a fresh start. But it just never "starts" properly - or shutdown - even with the animationpanel as it now stands. ARRGGHH! If they are going to be so picky they ought to have a button that tells you what is wrong - like a good co-pilot would do.

What is your default flight? aircraft? engine running or off? all these can affect the start sequence on most addon aircraft with specialized startups.

Wizard
July 21st, 2014, 14:36
My default is the Aerosoft SH-60, which I leave running precisely because of it's wacky start up. But usually (and with the Cera Sim) I use a saved situation, which in this case is supposed to be the cold and dark Cera Sim. I did try using the default Cessna, but I don't think I made it the default aircraft. I suppose I can give that a try. I cfind it rather curious that without any fuel the d*** thing is *still* running. Cera Sim doesn't check the fuel????

<rant>I feel like a little kid whining, but why can't payware aircraft developers make their aircraft work without a lot of hoopla. Give us a check list that is exactly what is needed - without the **** that isn't necessary, and give us the ability to clear all variables so we can start from scratch. I decided to go back to the Aerosoft - at least temporarily, because I have code to write, debug, and test. And if something is wrong, I'll fix it - and not 12 months from now. </rant>

:pop4: <=== me exploding!

MCDesigns
July 21st, 2014, 14:54
In all fairness, the main reason we have to deal with issues like this is because enough users demand realistic startup and such, so in trying to make the vocal minority happy, the non vocal majority sometimes have to suffer.

Personally, I'd be happy with default system, load, hit ctrl e and then fly.

Hope you get it working!

Sieggie
July 21st, 2014, 16:55
I think also the the aircraft depends on C++ variables that are part of the EH101 that only get set when the default aircraft is the starting situation. I have found that regardless of the startup aircraft, if I load the EH101 and start at least one engine then switch to the Blackhawk and immediately hit the cold and dark that everything works. I spent alot of time trying to figure out what settings I was missing with no luck leading me to believe it has something to do with C++ coding not accessible to the XML system.

Dave

Victory103
July 22nd, 2014, 10:18
Wizard,

Thread about this issue a few weeks ago. I use the stock C-172 cold/dark saved flight for both the Cera and Aerosoft, with only the mentioned lights remaining on after a completely cold/dark start up from the real world checklist for the Cera. The Aerosoft start is not as accurate as the Cera, but works with this set up.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88396-Cera-UH-60

Wizard
July 22nd, 2014, 14:20
Ok, I will try your suggestions. I reinstalled the Cera H60 about 8 times, with no luck. I cannot find any files that are changed that would cause this problem, so either I'll try the EH101 - I think I might have it - elsewise I'll try the cessna. It is painfully obvious that Cera Sim didn't program this bird properly, because you'd think with no gas, everything would shut down. But, nope the bird flies nicely - just no instruments work in the cockpit - if you add instruments in a window, then everything is hunky-dorey. (Note the technical term used :) ). Either give me a fully functional switch throwing aircraft - or let me start it with <ctrl>ctrl e<e> I agree. Giving me a fake checklist just to throw switches is useless - and impossible to find where the error might be.

So, I am not going to recommend this aircraft until I can get it started and stopped consistently.</e></ctrl>

SeanTK
July 22nd, 2014, 17:40
Recommend loading the default flight in FSX, which should be the trike over Washington State, then going from there.

kdfw
July 23rd, 2014, 04:25
Op: sure you are installing to fsx acceleration?

Also, as hisider indicated, read the other thread re using flight1 complex Ac start up flt?

http://www.simforums.com/forums/important-startup-flight-for-complex-aircraft_topic28987.html

no problem install and using this model from day1, fully functional.

Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 09:13
So preliminary tests failed. So I uninstalled yet again. Loaded up the trike, loaded the Cerasim H-60, cold and dark, started right up. Shutdown cold and dark, exited FS, started FS, and this time jumped right to the aircraft. cold and dark, started right up. Shutdown cold and dark. This time I added my Underway! gauges, and voila' - in the cold and dark I no longer get the red engine cover light and the bird won't start. Methinks there is a conflict between one of my 81 U/W gauges and the cerasim gauges. Man, this is gonna take a while as I have to reinstall the CeraSim each time and run through the load trike, and load Cerasim each time until I whittle it down to see which gauge is the culprit. Not sure I really want to do that. And even if I do find it - I doubt I'll be able to live with it. Soooo, I might fiddle with it from time to time, but I'm going to quit worrying about and go back to the Aerosoft, which at least is flyable.

If I do figure out what the problem is I'll post what I find.

Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 10:24
Belay my last. I removed all my gauges and windows and re-introduced them a bunch at a time. The first thing I noticed was a duplicate gauge entry for the cargo_list button - I removed it and apparently everything is fine. I've done two quicky test flights, so maybe it's working properly. So there's a warning to everyone - don't have duplicate gauges - I gather FSX got rather confused. :applause::triumphant:

Now to make some test flights to see how the bird flies... :encouragement:

kdfw
July 23rd, 2014, 12:58
This is confusing me.

It was a "not able to start the '60 or go to cold/dark state with config window" issue.

but now it has to do with some custom gauge edits done to panel.cfg?

Wizard
July 24th, 2014, 02:56
Yes, you got it. Why a duplicate gauge would cause a problem is beyond me (and I wrote the gauge) especially when the gauge shouldn't be "active". But the helo fired up several times yesterday. We'll see if it holds true today. Sometimes these "bugs" are very, very subtle.

Wizard
July 24th, 2014, 10:45
Still working, so it must have been a gauge conflict. Weird!

kdfw
July 24th, 2014, 11:01
So nothing was wrong with the '60 as it was sold and installed?

just the user modified gauge file edits caused an unintended side effect?

Which makes sense as if there was a systemic bug like not starting or cold/dark was messed up, would see complaints all over the place...

Wizard
July 24th, 2014, 12:40
Correct.

Perhaps I'll get bold enough to try a manual start, though it does seem to take forever.

Glad this problem is over. :wiggle: