PDA

View Full Version : View Panning FSX

Aviator22
July 19th, 2014, 16:11
So I have the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X for a joystick + throttle. It has a swivel thing on the joystick to pan around the cockpit, external views, etc. Just yesterday, it simply stopped working. The joystick was plugged in, I changed nothing. It just stopped working. I reset the controller and FSX + a restart on my PC. The joystick appeared to be working okay until I tried to pan around my cockpit. It now pans much slower than before. It's super slow! It appears to have extreme lag too. But when I hold shift and pan with the mouse, I have perfect frames! What could be wrong with my controller. Any insight would be great as I'm pretty lost here.

airattackimages
July 19th, 2014, 17:04
That's called a hat switch, and it sounds like yours is pressure sensitive, and that it broke.

Aviator22
July 19th, 2014, 18:41
Well my friend has the same joystick setup. Same model and his has done it forever but I just assumed it's because his computer is junk. I have a custom gaming rig. So what are my options in your opinion?

Jen
July 19th, 2014, 21:52
Well my friend has the same joystick setup. Same model and his has done it forever but I just assumed it's because his computer is junk. I have a custom gaming rig. So what are my options in your opinion?

Hi Aviator

Are you using EZCA ? Then perhaps try to turn it off. Also maybe try to check the "view pan" slider in your control settings

Soeren

Roger
July 20th, 2014, 04:26
I assume you're not trying to pan in one of the fixed camera views?

JoeW
July 20th, 2014, 04:41
Unplug the stick and plug it into another socket. Sometimes you may bump the plug and bend the socket a bit. A small screwdriver, if it's too big will bring it back to proper shape.

Aviator22
July 20th, 2014, 14:12
Hi Aviator

Are you using EZCA ? Then perhaps try to turn it off. Also maybe try to check the "view pan" slider in your control settings

Soeren

No I am not

Aviator22
July 20th, 2014, 14:13
I assume you're not trying to pan in one of the fixed camera views?

No I am not trying that. It's the virtual cockpit. I just got the PMDG 777-300 and am not able to use it. Pretty frustrated.

Aviator22
July 20th, 2014, 14:14
Unplug the stick and plug it into another socket. Sometimes you may bump the plug and bend the socket a bit. A small screwdriver, if it's too big will bring it back to proper shape.

I also believed this to be a possible solution but all USB inputs have the same result, everything functioning fine but my hat switch and or view panning in fsx.

Aviator22
July 20th, 2014, 17:50
Thanks for the input everyone. I figured it out. Had to turn my repeat all the way to the right as it was only in the middle in the controls section of FSX.