PDA

View Full Version : How is VN_DUMMY?, I see in a old backup but file is damage

Maxstuka
July 19th, 2014, 00:06
Hi, I have a old file , I can not see the model in cfs2 because the textures were damage (old cd backup)

Any has this file?, how is the ship called Dummy? does it a Pearl harbor small ship?.

I have not idea about Dummy ships!!.

wolfi
July 19th, 2014, 02:46
I didn’t know about the VN_Dummy, but I think it’s an invisible object or ship, that can be created by the mission builder. I can imagine that it is for creating flak effect to a certain time or an “Ai” bomber target that should not visible for (our) eyes.
I made a Dummy bomber some years ago (a simple triangle polygon with an air and DP file) to create a carpet bombing effect (because Ai bombers unfortunately drop only one bomb).

Wolfi

Talon
July 19th, 2014, 07:40
Wolfi is right.The VN_Dummy was nade for PHP2 and is an invisible target in the missions. This is how we got the topedo planes to attack the ships in the Harbor.tI was also used for the AI bombers so the BBs got hit in different places. I think it worked very well considering the limitations of CFS2.

I did a thread years ago on how it is done and how it works.

Maxstuka
July 19th, 2014, 09:05
thanks for the info, cool It is right that all the IA has the tren to attack in the center of the targets.

Its Vn Dummy is hehe a "cube", I painted the invisible texture to see it.hhehehe.

I am waiting any friend that can send me the VN_akagi and Kaga.:a1310:

bearcat241
July 20th, 2014, 13:13
I made a Dummy bomber some years ago (a simple triangle polygon with an air and DP file) to create a carpet bombing effect (because Ai bombers unfortunately drop only one bomb).

Wolfi

Hey Wolfi, do you have a download link for that dummy bomber. I'd like to mod some existing big strike missions with it to test its impact in carpet bombing.

Sarg Willy
July 20th, 2014, 18:12
Testing 1,2,3 havent done this before , so don,t shoot me , bearcat ,

bearcat241
July 20th, 2014, 20:46
Thanks Sarg :encouragement: