genre-defining flight technology".

Read the full article here:
http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4699/

We'd love to hear your comments so please post them at the bottom of the
article. Don't forget to share it too!

David

n4gix
July 14th, 2014, 09:59
David, I really hate to rain on anyone's parade, but...

...whatever Dovetail Games eventually releases, it will not be "FSX11." The general consensus at this time is that it will more closely resemble the very unlamented "Flight," including the DLC paradigm.

Long before that eventuality, DTG will be repackaging FSX+Acceleration as a digital download via Valve's "Steam" platform.

Pepere
July 14th, 2014, 10:39
Good thing I have an umbrella handy!!!!!

David

Damien
July 14th, 2014, 12:17
Anyone else find everyone using FSX 11 amusing? (FS10 11)

-Damien

dhazelgrove
July 14th, 2014, 12:19
.....never gonna happen.....

Dave

malibu43
July 14th, 2014, 12:29
Since the release date is in 2015, whatever "new" thing they have coming out will most likely be Flight, rebranded. There simply isn't time to do more than that.

wombat666
July 14th, 2014, 12:29
Move along people, nothing to see here.
:santahat:

mmann
July 14th, 2014, 13:32
Not FSX 11 but Flight 1.0. The original Microsoft Flight was really nothing more than a beta release which Microsoft couldn't even successfully give away.

StormILM
July 14th, 2014, 14:32
Wasn't this already posted? Anyhow, agreed, nothing really new here except perhaps a boost to FSX Gold sales which is not a bad thing. Also, any expectation of an upgrade from 32 to 64 bit(and alleviating the VAS limitations) isn't going to happen as it would render all of our addons essentially useless unless the design team somehow cleverly comes up with a way to migrate complex addons(which has been deemed impossible by some).

dvj
July 14th, 2014, 16:31

P3D Lives

Javis
July 14th, 2014, 18:02

Indeed...

Over at Avsim they are at page 26 with over 600 posts in the last 4 days about the subject...

Remarkable... :)

Personally i'm very much looking forward to a new chance for Flight. Purely as a flightsim i thought it was superior to FSX..

thunder100
July 15th, 2014, 06:59
P3D Lives

Yes it exists !!

Its called P3D V2

Roland

RAS_JF
July 15th, 2014, 07:15
Of course, Flight was FS11 for quite a while. FS11 was already in development when the clever so-and-sos from the MS marketing team rolled in and told the FS team that the future was free-to-play games and "Flight" would be much better appealing to the new wave of casual gamers.
There is enough in the Flight engine that it could be assembled into a much more useful base for expansions than FSX or Flight.

falcon409
July 15th, 2014, 07:18
Move along people, nothing to see here. :santahat:
Funny and very true, this is much ado about nothing really. Kinda reminded me of the Obi Wan quote from the Bar Scene. . . .(in my best Obi wan voice). . ."these aren't the droids you're looking for".

hairyspin
July 15th, 2014, 08:44
... FS11 was already in development when the clever so-and-sos from the MS marketing team rolled in and told the FS team that the future was free-to-play games and "Flight" would be much better appealing to the new wave of casual gamers...

I may be completely wrong here, but I understood when Flight was mooted the FS team weren't employed by MS. The ACES team working on FS11 had been 'let go' years before. But I may be wrong...

In any event there's pages of meaningless conjecture on this topic elsewhere: feel free to read it if you've nothing better to do.

jetblst
July 15th, 2014, 08:53
Well that was 3 minutes of useless reading. Where can I find more? Wait, oh ya over at AVSIM. :)

n4gix
July 15th, 2014, 13:00
Indeed...

Over at Avsim they are at page 26 with over 600 posts in the last 4 days about the subject...

Remarkable... :)
Argh! As a "Global Moderator" I have to actually read that dreck. It's becoming a real chore. :dizzy:

TheFamilyMan
July 15th, 2014, 13:27
Well that was 3 minutes of useless reading. Where can I find more? Wait, oh ya over at AVSIM. :)
I'd rather spend my time flying than going through 600+ more posts of "useless reading".

Bjoern
July 15th, 2014, 14:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU

zswobbie1
July 15th, 2014, 22:30
Argh! As a "Global Moderator" I have to actually read that dreck. It's becoming a real chore. :dizzy:

I love that word 'drek' !! so descriptive!!:applause::tickled_pink:

RAS_JF
July 15th, 2014, 23:41
I may be completely wrong here, but I understood when Flight was mooted the FS team weren't employed by MS. The ACES team working on FS11 had been 'let go' years before. But I may be wrong...

They were all still around. Closing the Aces studio just meant that the people on the team were deployed to other areas of the business. Many of the familiar names were involved in the development of FS11/Flight