PDA

View Full Version : Panel Lights

JoeW
July 14th, 2014, 04:26
Has anyone found a work-around for the panel lights in FSX - DX10?
Thanks

Roger
July 14th, 2014, 09:19
Hi Joe,
Most panel lights seem to work with steve's Fixer on my rig. There seems to be a tendancy in newer models to make the vc lighting effects subtle, which means that sometimes I add a default vc light to brighten things up, lol!

JoeW
July 14th, 2014, 11:37
I have Carenado's Cessna 185 bush. and the panel lights on it doesn't work, I have Steve's Fixit also. Maybe I didn't read the manual for the "Fixit" very close.
I have cockpit shadows but the panel lights don't work.

Roger
July 14th, 2014, 11:58
Joe,
The vc light is fixed to type 10 light:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
light.0 = 3, -4.65, -16.86, 3.34, fx_navred85
light.1 = 3, -4.69, 16.80, 3.34, fx_navgre85
light.2 = 3, -20.9, 0.0, 1.3, fx_navwhi85
light.3 = 1, -18.4, 0.0, 6.25, fx_beacon85
light.4 = 10, -4.27, 0.0, 2.8, fx_vclightc185
light.5 = 10, -7.7, 0.0, 2.5, fx_vclightc1852

To turn it on (I couldn't find a panel light switch) I used the "L" key and then turned off the lights I didn't need. The vc light is red in this aircraft btw. I changed the vc light type to type 4, then you can use shift/ L combination to turn on the vc light.

JoeW
July 15th, 2014, 07:04
Roger, In the top left of the cockpit is a flood light. You can click on it and it says that it's either on or off, depending. The red light that does come on is in the ceiling and there is a switch for it that works if you click it.
The flood in the top left is the one that doesn't work.
Thanks for the help even though it it didn't "cure" it.

Roger
July 15th, 2014, 08:51
Sorry Joe,
you're quite right of course. I'll have another look later on.

jetblst
July 15th, 2014, 09:20
Can you be a little more specific when you mean panel lights? Sorry.

Do you mean adjusting the intensity of the back lit lettering? (Rheo Stat Rotary Switch) or do you mean switches themselves don't work for exterior lighting?

I ask because if you are having switch trouble you may surely be add switches via FSUIPC, maybe you know that already. IE Mouse Macros. I did quite a few of them to get say my pitot and aoa heats working.

If you are having SHADING issues you may want to adjust your general and legacy shaders one at a time. So ? May also require a delete and reinstall of the fixer libraries. Anyway specifically what's up?

JoeW
July 17th, 2014, 04:18
jetblst,
We are talking about the Carenado's Cessna 185 bush, the amphib version to be more specific. The panel lights do not light anything. The overhead light does light the panel and everything else. With the shadowing the panel sometimes become unreadable because it's so dark. The panel is lit by a flood light in the top left of the cockpit. A mouseover shows that the panel light is either on or off but there is no difference when turned on.
I am using DX10 with Steves Fixit and can't get it to work.