PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Accelerator by FSPS

Roger
July 13th, 2014, 11:15
What do Dx10ers think? I have vsync fixed in NVI at 1/2 my monitor's refresh rate (60Hz) and frames fixed at 30 in FsX.cfg. Any other settings and I get tearing so setting frame rates to a higher setting is a non no fro me.

heywooood
July 13th, 2014, 15:28
I haven't tried it Roger and I don't think I will - I have FSX DX10 running very smoothly with my current settings and I don't want to rock that boat...

I suppose I would try the demo if I wasn't happy but I am and I just don't want to think about FPS, and tweaking and all that... for a while

Adamski_NZ
July 13th, 2014, 22:25
I tried it. On my very moderate system with my GFX sliders maxed out (which the Fixer now allows me to do) I found no real change. No overall improvement - nor any of the "issues" other people have reported. I suspect that my system is so overloaded that FA just hasn't got anything to go on.

However - it did allow me to *dynamically* set my configuration to something more manageable when approaching a busy airport in the NGX after having nice en-route graphics. Though that's a really handy feature, it doesn't justify the price tag for me - I can easily swap to an alternate fsx.cfg in advance for when doing heavy procedural stuff in something like the NGX.

More of an issue, though, is having to mess with the vsync and frame rate limiter settings in NVI. Not a problem for me, as I have only the one monitor - but I wonder how multi-monitor users will cope with tearing.

It's definitely worth trying the demo - but make sure you have your .NET and FSX set up properly first - as well as a [saved] test flight prepared in advance for comparison tests. Also - if you're testing it on something that takes a while to initialise (or set up), don't launch FA until you're absolutely ready.

If you want to test FA's effect on OOMs, set up a flight a short distance away from a very busy airport (with lots of AI traffic) and see what happens. I think FSPS recommend you test a "worst case scenario" in a similar way.

Adam.

Roger
July 13th, 2014, 22:54
Thanks both,
Adam, I only have one monitor but get tearing without vsync set up.