Nikola

Smudge
July 10th, 2014, 06:34
Thanks Nikola... :)

YoYo
July 10th, 2014, 07:12
Thanks Nikola... :)

Good news and Crg!

I very like Iris's PC-21, very good model/systems with very good fps (in the final, not in the beginning).

Maybe one (amazing day ;) ) Iris will do next trainer: PZL-130 Turbo Orlik (TCII):

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/1/0/1425013.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/4/0/1767046.jpg

Regards!

Smudge
July 10th, 2014, 07:40
YoYo, our lead designer is Polish and recently sent me shots of the Orlik, it's a mean looking bit of kit, so you never know...though not this year! :D

YoYo
July 10th, 2014, 08:44
YoYo, our lead designer is Polish and recently sent me shots of the Orlik, it's a mean looking bit of kit, so you never know...though not this year! :D

David, thank You for reply. Fingers crossed and I have materials too. btw. it was small OT sorry but cant resist : ], back to topic of PC-9 :).

mirage3
July 10th, 2014, 10:13
I like the PC-9 very much... I See that on the iris website its free but mailsoft.com make it pay!?:confused::sly:

@smudge: small OT, have you see my PM? Accepting...offer

Ferry_vO
July 10th, 2014, 12:29
I like the PC-9 very much... I See that on the iris website its free but mailsoft.com make it pay!?:confused::sly:

This is the old version, now freeware: http://www.irissimulations.com.au/hangar/free-flight-simulator-aircraft/classics-pilatus-pc-9

And this is the new payware version: http://www.irissimulations.com.au/fsxp3d-pro-training-series-pilatus-pc-9a

ak416
July 10th, 2014, 14:58
Bought it during the beta, so far have been enjoying it. Flies really well, looks great, lots of cool liveries. Frame rate on my rig isn't so great in the final version(I should have learned from the PC-21...) but it was fantastic during the early beta when the rear cockpit was disabled (40fps in early beta to ~25fps in final), so maybe in the future you'll have the option to get rid of the gauges back there again :applause:

Smudge
July 10th, 2014, 17:08
AK416, during beta we actually freed up double the FPS on our test rigs from earlier beta models which is why the option to remove the rear cockpit was removed. We will revise that decision though.

That all being said, I'd be interested to know your system specs and what software you're running as well such as scenery and other add-ons which may affect the performance.

We will do anything we can reasonably do to help improve your experience with the product as it is by far our best to date. :)

ak416
July 10th, 2014, 17:19
Thanks, I had missed your earlier reply on Facebook and I just saw it a few minutes ago, will post all the details when I can over to the support forums!

ryanbatc
July 10th, 2014, 19:01
Wasn't Michael Puto sp? Doing an Orlik? Now he's with a2a I think?

Smudge
July 10th, 2014, 19:23
Not sure, but I'll drop Scott @ A2A a line and find out. :)

Flyboy208
July 10th, 2014, 20:19

You are correct, but no updates in quite a while ... Mike :running:

YoYo
July 10th, 2014, 21:55

No, project was stopped years ago...

ryanbatc
July 11th, 2014, 05:16
Which is regrettable, since it appeared quite far along

ak416
July 11th, 2014, 14:08
AK416, during beta we actually freed up double the FPS on our test rigs from earlier beta models which is why the option to remove the rear cockpit was removed. We will revise that decision though.

That all being said, I'd be interested to know your system specs and what software you're running as well such as scenery and other add-ons which may affect the performance.

We will do anything we can reasonably do to help improve your experience with the product as it is by far our best to date. :)
I registered for your forums early yesterday evening and have been awaiting a confirmation e-mail since, even after having clicked "Resend the activation email" twice now. Not sure how I could have messed a forum registration, any help? I've checked and triple checked my spam folders etc.

falcon409
July 11th, 2014, 14:36
This is the old version, now freeware: http://www.irissimulations.com.au/hangar/free-flight-simulator-aircraft/classics-pilatus-pc-9

And this is the new payware version: http://www.irissimulations.com.au/fsxp3d-pro-training-series-pilatus-pc-9a
The link for the old version appears to be a dead link. Error message says the page cannot be found when clicking on the download link.

ryanbatc
July 11th, 2014, 17:32
This Pilatus looks pretty good. Anyone have their PC-21? It's a bit faster but the glass concerns me as far as FPS and stutters go. Also it appears to have an FMS - is that Navigraph capable?

clmooring
July 11th, 2014, 17:38
I have the PC-21. It runs fine on my Dell XPS laptop with an I5 2.4 and 8 gigs of RAM. I really enjoy it. The systems aren't that intuitive but the manual is pretty good. The PC-21 is a lot of fun to fly and looks great. I would buy it again.

ryanbatc
July 11th, 2014, 17:43
Thanks, anything with a 5 bladed prop screams sexy!

Smudge
July 11th, 2014, 18:33
I registered for your forums early yesterday evening and have been awaiting a confirmation e-mail since, even after having clicked "Resend the activation email" twice now. Not sure how I could have messed a forum registration, any help? I've checked and triple checked my spam folders etc.

I manually activated your account just now... post away. :D

Smudge
July 11th, 2014, 18:35
This Pilatus looks pretty good. Anyone have their PC-21? It's a bit faster but the glass concerns me as far as FPS and stutters go. Also it appears to have an FMS - is that Navigraph capable?

FPS has been something brought up a few times on the PC-21 and it's something we're working on over the next few months. The PC-9 is better on our rigs between the two in terms of FPS and system depth... but that'd be right considering we had more info on the PC-9 than is publicly available on the PC-21. :)

Christoph_T
July 12th, 2014, 00:03
From what I can see on screenshots and vids, the PC-9 looks very well done.
I think I will wait for some more feedback from the community bcause it burns a hole in your pocket.
One question:
Are there any major differences between the FSX and the P3D version that are worse 20$??
Looking forward to some reviews,

Christoph

wapanomi
July 12th, 2014, 09:19
I think the two versions are identical, and at the same price. That's the bundle that cost 20$ more.

joanvalley
July 12th, 2014, 11:53
FPS has been something brought up a few times on the PC-21 and it's something we're working on over the next few months. The PC-9 is better on our rigs between the two in terms of FPS and system depth... but that'd be right considering we had more info on the PC-9 than is publicly available on the PC-21. :)

I suggest you don't do any more work on the PC-21 since I do not agree to further development using my mesh. Let the sales time expire, next December 2014, and then remove it from your website and from sales or any other form and do not use my meshes any further or parts of them. Having said that, please remove from sales the DA-40 immediately for which I never received any money for that mesh. Let the sales time expire on the Silence Twister and remove it too please. These requests are respectful and fair.

strykerpsg
July 12th, 2014, 15:30
Cease and desist post. Never seen that before....

b52bob
July 12th, 2014, 15:36
Oopppss...this should be done privately.

strykerpsg
July 12th, 2014, 15:45
I think the problem is many of these conversations are done privately and go unresolved and therefore the jilted parties air here. There's definitely a history which is a shame. Best of luck Joanvalley.

Roger
July 12th, 2014, 15:54
Whatever the history here the SOH cannot be a battle ground for commercial differences. Unfortunately the thread will be locked.