PDA

View Full Version : Failed to Initialize Database

stuart277
July 7th, 2014, 23:26
Hi All
I have run into a little problem with a model I am working on.:dizzy:
IJN_Hatsuharu_1941_LOD. (Zip File attached)
I have been working on the DP, but there is some strange behaviour going on.
1. In my basic CFS2 install I now get the 'Failed to Initialize Database' notice.
2. It worked fine yesterday.
3. It works fine in my other install of CFS2.
4. Swapping DP files from other ships still gets the 'Failed to Initialize Database' in my original install.
5. Placing the DP file into another ship, eg IJN_Shiratsuyu_1941_LOD causes no problem.
I have replaced the MDL file and checked most things but no joy.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Stuart

Allen
July 7th, 2014, 23:46
I'm getting no error. I know ships are a pain in the rear end. I'm not sure but there may be a max ship count like the max aircraft count and maybe you hit the max ship count?

stuart277
July 8th, 2014, 02:12
Hi Allen:wavey:
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry about the ship numbers, I should have stated, only 85.
As you can see, the file seems OK.
This is pretty strange??
PS I use XP
Cheers
Stuart

UncleTgt
July 8th, 2014, 02:32
Stuart,

Your "100" ship limit, might be as low as "85", it's influenced by PC system capability & configuration.

Try moving one ship into an archive folder & starting the game (this will force CFS2 to rebuild the indexes). If you new vessel loads, you've found out your system limit...

arfyhun
July 8th, 2014, 03:00
Stuart,

On my old (14 years old, now deceased) XP kit my ship limit was 29. Adding No. 30 would make the game display as you have stated. Remove No. 30 and all was back to tickety-boo.

I have just bought a new PC but am all at sea with it (M$ 8.1), which seems to have a suicide/freeze complex regarding CFS2 so right now I cannot try it to see if the max number is a setup in the game or relies on the capability of the kit.

Hope this makes some sort of sense to you, it doesn't to me!

Once and if I defeat M$ crap 8.1 or install XP (which I asked for in the first instance) I'll check the above and re-post my findings.

Regards,

Graham.

Fibber
July 8th, 2014, 04:32
..in regards to your statement of '...this will force CFS2 to rebuild the indexes..." I periodically, or when I add anything new to my setup, go to the main folder and delete ALL .INDEX files. The game will rebuild completely new clean files with what it finds in the game structure. So far it has helped me keep everything running comparitively smooth with only a few gremlins appearing.