PDA

View Full Version : American F1: Haas & Ferrari

Panther_99FS
July 4th, 2014, 16:19
http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/formula-1/haas-automation-partners-with-ferrari-f1-team/

wombat666
July 4th, 2014, 20:59
Time will tell!
:encouragement:

Ferry_vO
July 4th, 2014, 22:47
Won't be easy for them, but with time, experience and a lot of money who knows?

Panther_99FS
July 4th, 2014, 23:13
Won't be easy for them, but with time, experience and a lot of money who knows?

Money doesn't buy success....Look at BAR....

Roxane-21
July 4th, 2014, 23:20

But it helps a lot, and without it you cannot do anything.

Ferry_vO
July 5th, 2014, 01:08

BAR, Honda, Toyota... We'll just have to wait and see!

huub vink
July 5th, 2014, 02:21
Ferrari (FIAT) has a lot of experience. They have been at the top several times and know what it takes. I think money is one of the main issues for them at this moment. Haas will provide that.

Just my opinion,
Huub

Panther_99FS
July 5th, 2014, 07:08
BAR, Honda, Toyota... We'll just have to wait and see!

Yes we will...
But either way, the US needs a larger image in the sport be it strong or weak other than simply just hosting a race :smile:

It's been too long since the days of Dan Gurney & his Eagle....

Panther_99FS
July 5th, 2014, 07:12
But it helps a lot, and without it you cannot do anything.

Yes, the small underfunded teams that get wins in Indycar could never happen in F1...
(And yes, I know about the efforts Team Haas/Beatrice/Lola & the Penske F1 efforts)

wombat666
July 5th, 2014, 12:06
Yes we will...
But either way, the US needs a larger image in the sport be it strong or weak other than simply just hosting a race :smile:

It's been too long since the days of Dan Gurney & his Eagle....

I tend to look at the past efforts and try to understand why they failed.
Gurney, well, a 'tool room built engine' (lovely as it was) was never going to compete with properly funded and engineered power plants.
Vels Parnelli, beautiful car, great driving talent but no real interest in F1, shame really.
Penske, way in over their heads, having to buy a 'Customer' March was bad enough, losing Mark Donahue must have been crushing.
Beatrice Haas Lola, badly managed, pedestrian chassis and overly conservative engine supplier, ultimately underfunded. Wasted opportunity.
BAR (almost an 'American' team) were over confident and well out of favour with the Poison Dwarf, using customer 'Renault Power' sealed their fate.
To be frank, and this is only my opinion, I doubt that America as a whole is interested in Formula 1.
Given the current economic climate (even NASCAR are losing numbers) I can't see anything other than a partnership happening.
Aside from NASCAR, interest in Motor Racing in general and anything open wheel is not there, enthusiasts aside.
:jaded:

Panther_99FS
July 5th, 2014, 12:10
As long as Gene Haas doesn't have Danica driving, we might stand a chance!
But in all seriousness, I am anxious to see how this program develops....