PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Sale...

Duckie
July 1st, 2014, 12:40
...at PC Aviator! I don't have X installed yet but making preparations. Have a couple of questions re pay ware for X:

Where do I start? :biggrin-new: Seriously, any reason not to get REX 4?

Suggestions for HIGH PRIORITY X start up buys?

Thanks,
Steve

NEVER MIND! SALE ENDED AT MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT!

Well, seems their End of Year Sale ended midnight last night but their 4th of July Sale runs to 7 July!

Butcherbird17
July 1st, 2014, 13:38
They have a new one going now, ends on the 7th.
As for suggestions, Anyone of the packages from Warbirdsim.
I myself would go with either or both Mustang Tales or the
P-51K combined with FR's 109K package. Both are the most
expensive of the packages (when not on sale) and worth it.

Joe

Roger
July 1st, 2014, 14:05
For GA Alabeo have some great looking aircraft and A2A have some in-depth offerings with the C-172 and Cherokee.

Victory103
July 2nd, 2014, 11:39
Gents,
I'm on PCAviator shop at +4.5Zulu 3JUL and still seeing the sale, ordering stuff now.

delta_lima
July 3rd, 2014, 10:11
...at PC Aviator! I don't have X installed yet but making preparations. Have a couple of questions re pay ware for X:

Where do I start? :biggrin-new: Seriously, any reason not to get REX 4?

Suggestions for HIGH PRIORITY X start up buys?

Thanks,
Steve

Hey Steve!

Addons-wise, it depends a great deal on what you like .... but doing a very rough crystal ball assessment into what I perceive to be your interests based on what you repaint, a few I'd suggest:

(*s note my personal, non-scientific-but-from-the-gut-pure-sense-of-enjoyment-rating-system. Note, the low ones aren't ones I think are marginal - these are all from my personal "best FSX addon" list already, so they're already ones I love very much - just trying to show of those, how they rank relatively to each other )

***** SDB CVN-67 (you will not ascend Mazlow's pyramid to ultimate self actualization without this addon :redfire: :)
***** Vertigo F9F Panther - a must get, in my view, see above)
**** Virtavia F4D Skyray (a port, but a drop dead gorgeous bird with Pablo Diaz' paint work, and is mere peanuts now)
***** Razbam A-7
*** Razbam A-6
**** Razbam T-2
***** Razbam F-102
***** Virtavia A-4
*** Virtavia F-111
*** A2A Corsair (with John Terrell's recent paint work in the VC, likely even higher rating - but have not yet installed them)
Glowing Heat B-58 - not rated, as I have not bought it yet - but will be buying at this sale.

As to utilities/tools, I'd definitely do REX - though I did Essentials, and now I wished I had done REX 4 instead. I'd then get the DX10 Scenery Fixer (hopefully still available on the market)

On a bit of an aside - some other great addons that are not part of this sale, but that I highly recommend, are the Flying Stations Buccaneer family - absolutely top notch, as is their Hawker Sea Fury)

Finally, without having to spend a single dollar, pop a beret on your head, grab a nice flute of Champagne, and download the RFN Zephyr jet trainer, the Foch carrier to land it on. Having mastered that, grab their Dassault Etendard (this one is bucket list before you die material). Try "mile high and Mach 2" in Restauravia's Mirage IIIB two place supersonic delta - you'll consider your entry into FSX justified.

Now that I'm back from vacation, I might bump into you at the queue at the PCAviator shopping mall ... :encouragement:

dl

Duckie
July 3rd, 2014, 11:03
Well. here's what my budget allowed on this sale!

REX 4
Virtavia A-4
WBS P-51 Little Friends I and II
Razbam A-7 Vol. 2

I have be very careful here and remind myself that it took me more than 10 years to accumulate all the FS9 STUFF! :pop4:

AND I just did a not insignificant upgrade to my PC so I could run thiks puppy! :dizzy:

Still waiting on the last upgrade part before I can install X.

gray eagle
July 4th, 2014, 12:54
Ya know, it's disappointing and a shame that A2A and Carenado didn't jump on the sale wagon with all the other Dev's (Sigh) :sentimental:
Oh well, maybe they will come around later and give us a sale later, at least I hope so.

b52bob
July 5th, 2014, 06:25
Got the B-58 and also caught thr sale on just flight for the hawker xp-800 for the great price of $8.

Thank God for these sales as it is the only way some of us on fixed incomes (or allowances for the wife) can afford some of these add ons

Bob