PDA

View Full Version : Well It happened To Me Again

bobhegf
June 27th, 2014, 19:51
I lost my hard drive with all the missions on it . I was able to save the scenery but was told by the people working on my game pc that it would be cheaper to get a new pc than to fix that one.I have another one that I think just needs a new hard drive so at this point that is what I am going to do. It will take sometime to redo the missions but not like i was starting from scratch. I have not given up eventhough the missions are lame. It is just a day to day factual rendering of what went on from day to day.

UncleTgt
June 28th, 2014, 04:02
Bob,

I feel for you, even with a separate hard drive for back up storage, you always find you've missed something when disaster strikes.:sorrow:

Given these problems, I would strongly recommend uploading the scenery package as it is - even as a BETA release.

that has several advantages

You always have a go to back up
You can concentrate on the mission writing
You might get others interested in using or developing scenery to complement your work, & spreading the workload is always good
You will fire up some interest in the SOPAC in general, & that could get others involved (even if its just aircraft repaints :playful:)

Let me know if there is any way I can help out.

bobhegf
June 28th, 2014, 09:28
Thanks , I will, at this point i am going to take about a two day brake and then see about up loading thr scenery.

Talon
June 28th, 2014, 16:04
Maybe this will teach you to backup everything.I still have my original PHP2 install from 2003-2004 and it works fine. I backup everything at least once a week that I do.External HD are not all that expensive.

bobhegf
June 28th, 2014, 20:22
Talon , I am learning .The reason I didn`t back up the missions was that I was not happy with them. They just didn`t have that somthing that I wanted ,in other words they were to easy. Even though I was flying the 1% F4Fset on normal and going up against 1% Zero AIs I was still getting 33 kills between Aug 24 42 to Sept 1 42. I also used no fun rules to test the missions and still managed to get a large number of kills. The main reason were the AI not attacking the enemy bombers the way I had them set up but going after the fighters insted eventhough I had the AI F4Fs set up to attack the bombers. I was not looking for the perfact mission but better then what I had. That is the reason I hadn`t backed them up yet. I won`t make that mistake again. I do have the scenery backed up but don`t have any GSL files backed up I don`t think, I will have to check and see.

Talon
June 28th, 2014, 20:47
Bob to get them to attack the bomber more often use "Fighter Sweep" and not intercept.Alt. of the Fighters and bombers also has alot to do with it.The closer your fighter are to the bombers the more they will attack them. Little tricks I learned over the years.Usually the last planes to get shot down in my missions are the Zeros depending on how many I have in the mission.Yes some fighters will go after the enemy fighters but most attack the bombers.Maybe I'm just lucky when I do missions.

Also remember it's just a game that has limtations.You have to learn to work around them.

bobhegf
June 28th, 2014, 21:03
Thanks Talon, just as soon as I get me a good working pc and ,I hope that is late next week , I will set the missions that way. I also found I made a big mistake in the Aug 21 42 missions I had done. On the 21st Of Aug 42 4 F4Fs flew ground support for the marines fighting along the Illu River. I just found out that the missions were led by docter Everton the VMF212 flight surgen. They located and attacked barges loaded and unloading tropes and went after them as well as flying direct ground support for the marines, so this is somthing I will have to change.

Talon
June 28th, 2014, 21:09
That's one of the missions I mentioned to you awhile back Bob.

Killer Svend
June 28th, 2014, 23:59
In Denmark we say:"Real men does'nt make back ups, tey cry"
Killer Svend

bobhegf
July 13th, 2014, 08:08
I have had my pc rebuilt. I found out that it wasn`t my hard drive but bad ram that caused the problem. I decided while I had it there that I would upgrade some of the equipment.I had a Nivida Geforce 640 vid card ,I think that is what they said ,installed and a 3.8 gH processer as well along with a 400 wat power unit and a few more fans. They are trying to save all the stuff on the old hard drive and putting win 7 pro on as the mos along with 4 gigs of ram. I sure hope this helps my frame rates and allows me to use FSSC and my paint program with out much of a problem.I sure hope it will take care of my frame rate problem and allow me to use the other older programes with no problems. I hope to get it back on Monday.

Talon
July 14th, 2014, 15:03
Try these settings for video card Bob,They ibcreased my fps.I have NVidia 630 2gig and it went from 60 to 70fps to at least 250 fps.Remember my computer is only a year old with more RAM and at that time top of the line processors.But your fps should still increase.

ALL GLOBAL:
Aniso 8x
AA Gamma on
AA Mode overide
AA Setting 4x
AA Trans off
Cuda GPUs all
Max Pre Rend 3
Multi Disp single
Power Manage max perf
SLI force AFR1
Tex Filt Aniso off
Tex Filt NegLOD clamp
Tex Filt Qual High Perf
Tex Filt Tri on
Thread Opt Auto
Triple Buff off
Vsync force off

bobhegf
July 15th, 2014, 11:08
Talon I got on the phone and we did what you suggested. My frame rates went from 60 to 70 FPS to between 120 to 160 FPS.1st time I have ever had Frame rates higher than 78 to 80 fps.Thanks for the help. :wavey::jump::untroubled: