PDA

View Full Version : New Dx10 forum moderator!

Roger
June 27th, 2014, 09:35
Please welcome Adamski_NZ as our new forum moderator!:applause:

Adam was strongly recommended by several people and will be a worthy successor to Paul, who sadly decided to retire.

All the best Adam:ernaehrung004:

Roger.

Paul J
June 27th, 2014, 13:33
... Adam has been an influential and enthusiastic contributor to several forums for a long while, and over this last year or two, has been very active in his help and support of DX10 - it was even suggested (sarcastically, by one notorious developer):

"We understand you've drunk the DX10 cool-aid - and I would agree that he has, and so I will also add my 'Welcome' to Adam, and wish him much success and continuing, with that same work ethic of helping others as he has shown in the past.

At the moment, he hosts a good number of web sites in his "day job" (including www.nzfsim.org (http://www.nzfsim.org/)), (so he's quite a "techie" in his own right) and so he will now take over the hosting of the DX10 How-To Guide, together with the assortment of other useful docs. That change will take a couple of days or three, so that he can digest, plan, then move and re-link the docs in their new home, and for now - the content will remain the same - changing only after Adam "gets his feet wet"!

In the meantime, please extend your own 'Welcome's" to Adam: I reckon he will be a great asset to the Sim-OutHouse!

Paul J
:ernaehrung004:
(Good beer (http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/8-wired-istout/122165/))

Milton Shupe
June 27th, 2014, 18:39
Welcome Adam, and thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and insight to all things DX10. :wavey:

There is no greater reward than that received by helping others who can not repay you.

Thank you in advance.

Anthin
June 27th, 2014, 19:11
Same best wishes from me.
Anthin

Adamski_NZ
June 27th, 2014, 22:17
Thanks for all your best wishes, folks!

Paul - I'm delighted to "take over" editing/redistributing your guide as it really helped me "tame that beast" that is FSX+DX10. I still believe that this guide (with Steve's manual), if followed to the letter, is the only thing people need to do to get everything set up properly - in what is inevitably a fairly complex procedure.

Milton - I'm pleased to get a recommendation for one of the FSX "superstars". I've enjoyed your aircraft for many years!

My comments to all forum readers/posters:

1) There's more to life than FSX.
2) Sense of humour failures will not be tolerated!
3) SOH caters for many people from all over the world - and many may not have English as their primary language. That so many are able to post so articulately always amazes me. Please make allowances!
4) For the native English speakers: you have no excuse! :lol: Please read posts carefully (so many times I see people just not reading right to the end of a post) ... and "count to ten" before replying if something annoys you.
5) If something *really* annoys you - you're welcome to PM me first - before raising the temperature in public.

So ... on with the show!

Adam(ski).

RockStarofRust
June 28th, 2014, 12:06
Jolly Good and welcome! Us mere mortals appreciate you!!!

:encouragement::very_drunk:

B777ER
July 2nd, 2014, 17:03
Thanks for stepping up. Paul's guide and Steve Fixer are for me changed fsx for the better.

jetblst
July 5th, 2014, 23:18
WHAT?

Paul retiring? He can't do that, can he? :a1310: Thanks for all you have done to help us out Paul. All I know is I followed Steve, and Paul's notes, advice, etc TO THE LETTER, and haven't had a problem since. Thank you Adam for stepping in. Glad we have someone willing to do so.

Now, how do I logoff again? Oh ya... :adoration: