PDA

View Full Version : AI-Seaplane Tenders and routes beta testers

lazarus
June 22nd, 2014, 15:27
No, I'm not out of the game, just needed a few days of killing fish. I will not be touching another aircraft config or de-bugging a beta file again except for my own, thank you so much to the self anointed experts and attack trolls who do seem to delight in back room stabbing/hatemail- no; not Benoit. Other 'experts'. I can live with out it, and'll be sticking to my muttons; thankyou.

So. Which of you Flying Boat enthusiasts wants to test out all 4 Currituck class tenders, and AI routes. The ships are hard deck, fully texture mapped, roughly in post war configuration, pretty much to release standard except for adding animated radar aerials. The routes are Currituck-Catalina Island local, Pine Island- Sangley-Cam Rahn with a stop at one of the rocks in the spratly's, Norton Sound does Bruckner Bay- Hongkong, by way of the southern Ryuku's, Taiwan, and Pescadores. Salisbury Sound does Cam Rahn Bay- Con Son Island- Vang Tau; all back track to start point on a period of 2 days to 8 weeks. I hope. The Catalina Island route I tried out briefly this morning after getting to grips with AIBTC. I have to try out the rest later. PM me if interested, and Ill send you the files.
I'm pretty happy with the model. It looks about right, and so far, the route BGL's are going. Suprised the hell out of me!

delta_lima
June 22nd, 2014, 19:49
Looks good Laz!

I've always wondered if/how a flyable plane could mount/unmounts a seaplane tender .... this looks pretty snazzy!

dl

lazarus
June 24th, 2014, 00:00
A proper hoist aboard would be nice. Could the 'hoisting' code be adapted for that? A hoisting gauge based on arresting code? I don't even where to start on that. I use slew :a1310:. Which sucks , but does the job.
I am racking my brain looking for a way to attach a fuel trigger to a fuel barge or over the stern hose and bouy. I found a few vague photos and descriptions of a dock system for the Tradewinds that was deployed with Sally Sound, I still have to do a couple of different tending models. I'm thinking about a 'Seamasterized ' Albermarle with the recovery ramp streamed, so at least you could taxi aboard.

kl791
June 24th, 2014, 13:18
No, I'm not out of the game, just needed a few days of killing fish. I will not be touching another aircraft config or de-bugging a beta file again except for my own, thank you so much to the self anointed experts and attack trolls who do seem to delight in back room stabbing/hatemail- no; not Benoit. Other 'experts'. I can live with out it, and'll be sticking to my muttons; thankyou.

So. Which of you Flying Boat enthusiasts wants to test out all 4 Currituck class tenders, and AI routes. The ships are hard deck, fully texture mapped, roughly in post war configuration, pretty much to release standard except for adding animated radar aerials. The routes are Currituck-Catalina Island local, Pine Island- Sangley-Cam Rahn with a stop at one of the rocks in the spratly's, Norton Sound does Bruckner Bay- Hongkong, by way of the southern Ryuku's, Taiwan, and Pescadores. Salisbury Sound does Cam Rahn Bay- Con Son Island- Vang Tau; all back track to start point on a period of 2 days to 8 weeks. I hope. The Catalina Island route I tried out briefly this morning after getting to grips with AIBTC. I have to try out the rest later. PM me if interested, and Ill send you the files.
I'm pretty happy with the model. It looks about right, and so far, the route BGL's are going. Suprised the hell out of me!

Nice model again :)

Essex
June 24th, 2014, 15:20
Yes, looking good.

A proper hoist aboard would be nice. Could the 'hoisting' code be adapted for that? A hoisting gauge based on arresting code? I don't even where to start on that.

How about an invisible, hard aircraft carrier lift 15ft below the hoist? A bit like on the Nimitz except also rotating round 180 degrees.