PDA

View Full Version : cockpit shadows

sleightflight
June 21st, 2014, 16:09
Anyone lost cockpit shadows with the latest version of the DX10 fixer ?
I no longer seem to have them.

lownslo
June 21st, 2014, 16:45
What is the status of the libraries?

Greg

sleightflight
June 22nd, 2014, 00:35
I un installed the libraries, un installed the last version of DX10 fixer. Installed the latest version of the DX10 fixer then put the libraries in, I did the same process that I did with the last up date.
I don't think I did anything wrong or miss anything, maybe I might try doing it again.

ncooper
June 22nd, 2014, 01:34
The shadows are not only there but are very much improved.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/06/22/VUYH4.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/06/22/Uvat.jpg

sleightflight
June 22nd, 2014, 03:46
Mmm weird, I have un installed the libraries and then re installed definitely no shadow sweep across the cockpit whilst turning.
Think I might re download the software and try again.

Adamski_NZ
June 22nd, 2014, 07:51
Mmm weird, I have un installed the libraries and then re installed definitely no shadow sweep across the cockpit whilst turning.
Think I might re download the software and try again.
Any particular aircraft that isn't behaving - that we could have a go with to see what happens on our systems?

Adam.

sleightflight
June 22nd, 2014, 11:07
Hi all,
I re downloaded it did a full un install and re install including a system re start between and re running nvidia inspector.
Everything is working again now thanks.

SolRayz
July 9th, 2014, 07:41
Since we are talking about interior shadows, has anyone noticed that on some ac, the interior shadows are not sharp, while in others they are very sharp. Could this be because of the interior model, or maybe angle of the shadows?

Adamski_NZ
July 11th, 2014, 05:07
Since we are talking about interior shadows, has anyone noticed that on some ac, the interior shadows are not sharp, while in others they are very sharp. Could this be because of the interior model, or maybe angle of the shadows?
I suspect it's all to do with the interior model. Some aircraft implement it beautifully - others show shadows on some parts of the VC but not others - and some can't be persuaded to show them at all!

Adam.

sleightflight
August 23rd, 2014, 12:22
Shadows definitely play better in some aircraft over others.
Dino cattaneo freeware models I find it very noticeable some payware who I won't name you hardly see anything, in DX10 that is.

Adamski_NZ
August 23rd, 2014, 15:49
Shadows definitely play better in some aircraft over others.
Dino cattaneo freeware models I find it very noticeable some payware who I won't name you hardly see anything, in DX10 that is.
Dino's aircraft are simply superb. Probably *the* best freeware out there. We should be grateful!

Adam.

sleightflight
August 23rd, 2014, 23:30
Yes I can't believe he'd give away such great quality aircraft for free. Im sure I am amongst thousands of very appreciative l flight simmers.