Barnes
June 19th, 2014, 21:14
Hi Folks

Is anyone else using the update yet?

txnetcop
June 22nd, 2014, 02:06
Hi Folks

Is anyone else using the update yet?

I will get it next weekend...working on PT Cruiser issues this week.
Ted

I found this when I was looking at the beta specs
http://youtu.be/pFsH-6KpT4A

Naismith
June 22nd, 2014, 10:13
Nice vid there.
Does X-Plane have proper AI (akin to Ultimate Traffic) yet? For atmosphere you understand :encouragement:. I haven't had XP since v6 AI then was a copy of the aircraft you yourself was flying, it was pitiful. :untroubled:

txnetcop
June 22nd, 2014, 15:13
Nice vid there.
Does X-Plane have proper AI (akin to Ultimate Traffic) yet? For atmosphere you understand :encouragement:. I haven't had XP since v6 AI then was a copy of the aircraft you yourself was flying, it was pitiful. :untroubled:

Yes sir, ever since X-Plane 8.7

AI aircraft are built in on x-plane, you just need to turn them on. Go to the menu Aircraft/aircraft and situations/ and click the tab "other aircraft". You can set the number of aircraft to as many as you like. Each time you choose one the menu gives you the option to pick which aircraft and livery it should be. These aircraft will be generated at airports and in flight and follow real routes. AI aircraft can take processing away from the main sim so it's best to use the special AI aircraft that have been created by XPFW for this purpose. They have the external appearance but do not contain cockpits and detailed internals that have to be generated. I run about six AI without too much of a hit on framerate. There is also a payware package called World Traffic that allows you to build custom traffic and routes.

You can select which aircraft and liveries you want. The routes are computer generated in the x-plane AI. You can define your own routes or download them from the forum for the payware version.

txnetcop
June 22nd, 2014, 15:47
Now what I need is a blog on how to fix bent push-rods and valves inexpensively on a PT Cruiser. It has a belt instead of a timing chain and when that belt goes EVERYTHING GOES! Looks like I'm taking the bus for a while longer! DAMN!!!!!

I just downloaded the 10.3b and they still have not fixed the altitude blur. I guess it is a bigger project than they thought it would be because it has to run on so many varied systems...I'm glad I have FSX too!
Ted

Naismith
June 23rd, 2014, 14:19
Thank-you, I may well have to investigate XP further, it is a toss up between that and P3D. :dizzy:

txnetcop
June 26th, 2014, 06:35
Thank-you, I may well have to investigate XP further, it is a toss up between that and P3D. :dizzy:

I use XP, FSX, and P3D. I love all of them. They each have their strong points and weak points. P3D clouds kill my antiquated system in heavy weather, but other than that...WOW!
Ted