PDA

View Full Version : Beacon lights for Fifi

WarHorse47
June 18th, 2014, 08:10
We recently had a visit by Fifi to our local airport.

After spending a couple days back and forth taking photos, I naturally compared the real plane with my Virtavia B-29 install. I noticed that the Virtavia model had no beacon lights. The real Fifi has 3 - one forward of the topside forward gun, one between the topside gun and tail, and one on the underside between the landing gear.

Has anyone added beacon lights, or more specifically Shockwave lights, to the Virtavia B-29? If not would someone be interested in taking this on? I can provide a more detail photo if needed.

Thanks

racartron
June 18th, 2014, 09:18
I can do that. Just provide me whatever additional pics you nave and what type of lights they are, i.e., color, strobe effect, etc.

Be forewarned however, all models will be affected as there is only one aircraft.cfg file. If you want it specifically for FIFI, you will need to create a separate folder just for her.

EDIT: Oops. I just looked at the B-29 to see what I had already done and realized all available light entries (19) were used which is why I hadn't done my usual Shockwave thing. In order to add/modify any lights one will have to delete some of the existing call outs.

Sorry.

mal998
June 18th, 2014, 12:58
War-time B-29s did not have the 3 beacon lights that Fifi is sporting. It is very likely those lights have been added in order to meet current av standards and for safety reasons.

Here we are a couple of summers ago at Addison Airport, TX while Fifi was visiting.

WarHorse47
June 18th, 2014, 14:48
Well, lets just drop it then. Disregard my original post.