PDA

View Full Version : AI won't land

_486_Col_Wolf
June 15th, 2014, 19:50
Anyone know why AI circle the airfield and won't land after mission? Is it someting in the AIR or CFG file? I'm using the FDG P-47D but have swapped the AIR file with another P-47 more to my liking.

Allen
June 15th, 2014, 20:18
No idea but attach that airfile and cfg! It much better than the AI crashing when landing. I have been trying for over a year to get the AI to NOT land.

bobhegf
June 15th, 2014, 20:30
Have you checked to see if the aircraft have been given the command to land at base in the mission. The land at base to the AI means the mission is over go home it is safe to land.I that is not in the mission then some AI ac will continue to fly CAP over the field looking for an end to the mission and the enemy AI will fly from the last waypoint back to the next to the last waypoint. Now, some AI if they are not stock just will not land so go to the missionbuilder and check to see if this command is in there. If not zip up the mission and then put it in run the mission and check to see if all the AI land
,if they do problem solved. Good luck.

_486_Col_Wolf
June 16th, 2014, 12:40
Bob,

Land at Base command is there. They peel off one at a time on approach like they should but just never attempt to land.

Allen
June 16th, 2014, 13:27
Bob,

Land at Base command is there. They peel off one at a time on approach like they should but just never attempt to land.

Fighters never do that. I have only seen the stock C-47 do that.

_486_Col_Wolf
June 16th, 2014, 13:31
If you fly to the last wypt which is really your appraoch point at 5 miles from base and fly in formation past it the fighters will peel off one by one and make thier approach and land in wingman order. If you warp to the last wypt you will all be 5 miles out and facing the base then your wingmen will pass you and land.

Blood_Hawk23
June 16th, 2014, 13:45
I know of three things that keep them from landing.

One is in the .air file
One is in how the mission is constructed
the other is the airfield its self.

so the first , if i remember correctly is in the autopilot limits entry 1203. i forget what the settings need to be.

the second needs the AI to approach from the correct angle. I believe from the same direction they took off. I don't think race track patterns work.

lastly the start and stop points for the landing need to be correct. It wouldn't hurt to make it 2 wide. though that might not be necessary.

Also look and other parts of the air file. check the MOIs. entry 1001. If they are too high the AIs won't handle correctly. In the case of landings check the pitch.

I think there is also something to do with the flap settings in the CFG. AIs don't like them to have lift. I think...

So look at those.

There are some docs that cover the AIs maybe fibber can point them out. I have copy's if anyone is interested.

_486_Col_Wolf
June 16th, 2014, 13:55
BH,

It's definitly the AIR file. I used the stock FDG AIR file and the AI's landed with no problem. I'll check out your suggestions and let you know what I find.

_486_Col_Wolf
June 16th, 2014, 14:40
BH,

Changed the auto pilot limits (1203) to same as stock- no change
Checked the MOI's (1001) stock AIR that landed did not have this entry, deleted entry from new AIR- no change

There is another autopilot? setting (1199) and some of the numbers are different from stock to new AIR. Is this another entry I should try changing?

Blood_Hawk23
June 16th, 2014, 14:45
thats a good question. Do you have AirEd? I would see what the entries are. Might be worth the look. Check some of the other entries and compare. with air ed you can change those that effect the pitch.

Maybe they don't have enough drag to slow down for approach.

just a guess.

post a copy of the airfiles and CFG. i'll look while i have some time.

don't delete the MOI entry. it may effect the dog fighting ability.

_486_Col_Wolf
June 16th, 2014, 14:56
BH,

Deleting MOI (1001) did not effect dogfighting. AI still fight pretty well. I do have Air Ed. I also checked the autopilot? (199) of other working A/C and the numbers are much similar to the stock AIR. I'll try changinf=g the entire entry (199) on the new AIR and see if that has any effect on landing.

_486_Col_Wolf
June 16th, 2014, 15:17
EUREKA!! Replacing the Autopilot? entry (1199) did the trick. All A/C land perfectly now. Guys, you've done it again! Thanks for all your help.

Allen
June 16th, 2014, 15:21
It would be nice if you could tell me what airfile wouldn't land...

_486_Col_Wolf
June 17th, 2014, 08:32
Allen,

I tried to attach the AIR file in this message but it says its invalid and won't upload. I you want you can send me your email in a private message and I'll send you the AIR file that won't land. The entry in that file is the 1199 Autopilot? section. The file is from the AS-P47 by Mike Colclough and Gerald Keagan.

_486_Col_Wolf
June 17th, 2014, 09:04
Allen,

Sorry got my P-47's mixed up trying to figure this issue out. The AIR file you want is from CFS2 P-47D 'Razorback' Thunderbolt. 'Jackson County, Michigan Flighter/In the Mood', (javascript:openWindow('download-file?file=AS_P-47.zip&fileId=32569', 800, 400);void(0)) at simviation.com

Maxstuka
June 17th, 2014, 11:08
Hi

the link not found.

Try to upload the .air but change the extensión file, like .jpg.

Blood_Hawk23
June 17th, 2014, 12:20
try this one

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=AS_P-47.zip

its the java script messing things up again.

browngib
June 18th, 2014, 08:39
Every time I have had the problem it has been traced to having Invincible checked in the realism section. Just a thought.

Blood_Hawk23
June 18th, 2014, 10:54
I fly with all reallity settings on. Though I do use the auto mix and sometimes unlimited ammo. You have to use auto mix in the WWI campaigns. Otherwise you'll never keep up with the AI.

Devildog73
June 21st, 2014, 23:01
I fly with all reallity settings on. Though I do use the auto mix and sometimes unlimited ammo. You have to use auto mix in the WWI campaigns. Otherwise you'll never keep up with the AI.

Me too. I want to be as accurate as possible just for accuracy. I even fly pulling from drop tanks down to empty and then discard them. I HATE when I encounter enemy fighters before my drop tanks are empty!

I have on occasion forgot to switch the fuel selector switch to main tanks after skinning the drop tanks. :banghead: THAT is an eye-opener when there are bogies about.......lol.:mixed-smiley-027::mixed-smiley-027: