PDA

View Full Version : To Blood_Hawk

gius
June 14th, 2014, 16:25
Hi John,:wavey:

I didn't received any message from you until now.

How are you? How it proceeds your work with my buildings? if you need an help i can give you...

Best Regards,

Giuseppe

Blood_Hawk23
June 15th, 2014, 14:47
Sorry I haven't forgotten. I've been working mega overtime as of late. We are getting into the peak of our season so I may be MIA from time to time. I'll try to get you a sample of what I've been doing. I've learned new mapping techniques so I'm going to apply those to the damage models.

gius
June 15th, 2014, 15:05
Hi,

Don't worry. i was just curious about how the work is proceeding...

Best Wishes,

Gius

Blood_Hawk23
June 16th, 2014, 17:55
Hey Gius,

Ok I have a dmg model for the first building. Its just a ground poly and 2 Wall corners. I'm going to do a more detail one for the next. It will have wall with the windows blown out. Kinda like a Staligrad building. I will make that as a Damage model and also make a second madel which can be damaged again. sort of like my houses. It won't have floors. just a hollow shell. It should look like a burned out building. not just a bombed one.

I'll get picks and keep you posted.

Blood_Hawk23
June 16th, 2014, 21:14
Hey Gius,

Ok first model is compiled. I have named it Berl1_DM.

I do have an Issue with the LODs. At a distance they look like Pyramids. I'm not sure if this was your intent or not.

I'm not sure that they really need LODs. At least not this one. I mean its a box. Pretty low poly as is.

Also the Building isn't centered at 0. Not sure if that was intended either.

Other then that it works as designed. At full LOD it looks fantastic.

I'll make a new DP that is a little stronger. The current one will blowup with a quick burst. I'll make it so it will withstand a single 500lb Bomb. I'm also going to change the effects to those that match in scale.

I'll get you the pictures after I'm finished.

Blood_Hawk23
June 16th, 2014, 22:49
Hey Gius,

Here are some pics;

These are the models. One is the damaged the other is not.

Sorry not a period accurate AC. This is my testing install. So I just grabbed a plane.

The LODs are removed and the model centered to 0.

If we could make a single ploy like what Lindsay did for his trees and like Captain Kurt did for his Ground crew scenery then that might be a way of doing the LODs at longer range. It would be a single plane that would follow the players view. the only other option would be an X or + type LOD.

This is a very basic damage model. Not a large amount of detail.

The next one will have more detail. I'll have to make some textures for it.

gius
June 17th, 2014, 13:00
GREAT WORK John...

If you need help with damage textures I'm ready!

Thanks,

Gius

Blood_Hawk23
June 17th, 2014, 14:38
GREAT WORK John...
if you need help with damage textures i'm ready!
Thanks
Gius

second one is almost finished. I just have to get the image right. I'm doing most of it with alpha channels. it has an inner and outer wall. I'll get pics in a few.

Blood_Hawk23
June 17th, 2014, 18:23
This one has turned out rather well. Its taken a little bit of trial and error to get it to this point.

this was taken on a flyby between the other buildings.

From inside the building. I had a better one but I must have hit the wrong button cuz it didn't save.

I'm going to do a second version of this one. I think it will work great in an Eastern front campaign.

Blood_Hawk23
November 1st, 2014, 20:18
Taking a break form my tree textures. They are very time consuming. So I've been working on Gius' euro buildings. Trying to get those finished.

Going to get some pics. I haven't actually complied the model yet. So stay tuned.

Blood_Hawk23
November 1st, 2014, 21:00
Here are some screenies.

I have three done this way. it's more of your standard CFS2 damaged building. These are the easiest to make but the least dramatic. Maybe I can make some buildings with this heavy damage for use in heavy bomber missions. You'll be up too high to admire the others.

Not sure if this one looks more shelled then bombed. Maybe both. I have a couple done in this manor. I'll make pre damaged versions of these for use in the Eastern front. I think they would work great for Stalingrad.

Its hard to see where this one is going without the alpha applied to the texture. It will look more burned then blownup. the blacked out windows will be alpha out. As will parts of the roof. I've done some smoke damage look around the doors and windows. There are floors and an inner wall that this pic doesn't show.

So as you can see I'm trying to be creative in my carnage. At the same time try to give it a random damage look.

gius
November 2nd, 2014, 02:25
Great!!!!

I'm admiring your creativity!

Rami
November 2nd, 2014, 13:51
Blood_Hawk23,

These are outstanding indeed, Wow! :applause:

Blood_Hawk23
November 3rd, 2014, 19:59
So I was able to finish this one. Here are some pics...

A quick fly by. The new one is the long brick building.

A low angle so you can see all of the openings, floors and walls.

I almost clipped my wings after taking this one.

A view of some heavy damage.

So those are the damagable buildings as of now. I have a couple more at different stages. I'm editing the textures as I go. More to follow.

Till later,
John

Worthless
November 4th, 2014, 11:02
These are superb BH. I never cease to be amazed at the great new additions that so many here at SOH provide. As one who has all he can do just installing and applying these creations, let me just say thank you.