PDA

View Full Version : FSDZIGNS L049A Connie

SSI01
June 11th, 2014, 19:15
I just downloaded and installed the FSDZIGNS L049A Constellation for FSX. This is a virtual duplicate of what is available from Manfred J. and the others on the FS9 side, the panels are identical as are the config files for the aircraft and the panels. I think therein may lie some problems I am having with this aircraft.

1) The ignition switch for all engines on the FE panel will not stay up once it is moved up via the l. mouse button. This is the master ignition switch, not the rotary switch for selecting the engine to start. The switch will stay up a moment or two until it returns to its "off" position. This just does not give the engine enough time to start, although it will spin the prop. Trying to use the assigned key on the keyboard for this action results in the same thing happening, the master ignition moves up and down rapidly but the engine will not fire. When selecting the keys for this action on the "assignments" menu, I have tried it with the option to activate the switch upon release, and also with this option unchecked. In both circumstances, the switch will rapidly move up and down and will get the props to spin just a little, but none of the engines will "fire."

2) The "fuel" section of the aircraft config file is the same for both this aircraft, and the one in FS9. The difference is when the engines are auto-started (seems to be the only way to fire them up in this FSX Connie), moving the mouse cursor over the respective fuel gauges on the top of the FE's panel will show each tank is empty, in spite of selecting any percentage of fuel one wants to load into the tanks prior to flight. I've checked to see the inverter is on, as is the battery.

It would seem there are other glitches with this bird as well. The "yoke" icon on the cockpit inst. panel produces no response at all from the sim. It's there, but apparently there is no yoke connected to this icon. I've discovered these three in the past 20 minutes or so. If I'm doing something wrong with the keyboard setup, can someone educate me on how to get the ignition switch to move up and stay there using the mouse or the appropriate keyboard key? This works without a single problem in FS9 but is a headache in FSX. Same thing for the fuel loads in the tanks. I've tried reloading the panel into the aircraft, also the gauges into the "Gauges" folder in the sim as well, thinking the initial installation just didn't "take" properly. Still no difference in performance.

Is there a fix out there for these issues, or is this one of those nice-looking additions that turns out to be just riddled with bugs?

mjahn
June 11th, 2014, 21:49
Sounds like an incurable mixup to me. Any "FSDZIGNS L049A Constellation for FSX" can only be a VC-less portover, and mixing that with the more recent version of the FS9 Connie team (Volker Boehme et al) can only lead to multiple frustrations. Why not use Volker's 049 freeware version as a portover, if you can stomach the usual incompatibilities, or bite the bullet and buy Just Flight's native FSX one.

expat
June 12th, 2014, 03:38
Manfred's Connies - all of them - work fine for me in FSX. They are wonderful.

SSI01
June 12th, 2014, 05:18
I think what I'm going to do, as a trial, is keep the aircraft texture entries in the FSX aircraft config, and transfer over everything else from the FS9 aircraft config to the FSX one.

What makes this Connie unusual to me is most of the textures are not available in FS9, so it's a chance to fly different airlines in a beautiful airplane.

If the above doesn't work, I may want to look at converting the FSX textures to FS9 and just flying them that way. We'll see how it goes.

expat
June 12th, 2014, 06:41
??? There is some confusion here. What Manfred said. Both the the FSDZIGNS L049A and Volker/Manfred&Co L049 are FS9 models. There is no FSDZIGNS connie "for FSX" but anyone can always port these FS9 planes over to FSX. The Volker/M. Jahn L049 which has a vc and probably a different model with different mapping, though I could be wrong. Anyway, it is the far better L049 to port into FSX.

I am not sure I understand why you need to convert anything. Just install the whole M Jahn Connie of your choice in FSX and go fly. You may need to swap the prop textures. The rest of the textures are fine.

glh
June 12th, 2014, 06:57
??? There is some confusion here. What Manfred said. Both the the FSDZIGNS L049A and Volker/Manfred&Co L049 are FS9 models. There is no FSDZIGNS connie "for FSX" but anyone can always port these FS9 planes over to FSX. The Volker/M. Jahn L049 which has a vc and probably a different model with different mapping, though I could be wrong. Anyway, it is the far better L049 to port into FSX.

I am not sure I understand why you need to convert anything. Just install the whole M Jahn Connie of your choice in FSX and go fly. You may need to swap the prop textures. The rest of the textures are fine.

I agree with you, expat. And the old Alphasim is not a bad choice, either, if you can live with an FS9 portover.

SSI01
June 12th, 2014, 10:19
This bird has textures from FSDZIGNS but the panels are right out of Volker's (and the others') Connies for FS9. There is/was something in the file that for some reason was incompatible with FSX, at least in my download, and was causing the issues noted. I tried what I wrote earlier, which was to keep the aircraft textures in the cfg file but otherwise move everything over from FS9. I still had the issues with fuel quantities not showing, start switch flipping rapidly up and down, etc. Finally took the textures that looked good from this FSX download (which FSDZIGNS says is for FSX in the download), transferred them to FS9, and flushed the rest. It was a nice try but just wasn't meant to be.

thunder100
June 12th, 2014, 12:06
As I was in both teams

FSDZIGNS is the late John H. White one-->Will work in FSX seamless with Volkers panel (For Manfred's planes)

Manfred has made L-049/649/749/1049/1649/1249-->different plane but with VC which works perfect in FSX(only the icons sometimes (GPS..) disapear)-->but you need to fly after vthe book-_>as otherwise you have a Trimotor

On the FSDZIGNS try the AVIANCA paint-->You will be stunned-->its very close to a bumpmap on

On MAnfreds there are virtually 100's of paints-->its all to your taste-->but look for the Eastern baremetal paints-->better then JF(which is good too)

Roland