PDA

View Full Version : XA2D Skyshark

SSI01
June 10th, 2014, 19:05
I've downloaded and installed this aircraft into FSX, where it works like a charm. Like any turboprop, one needs to manipulate throttle and prop settings to get a reasonable rate of speed for taxiing. This will come with practice.

I've noted the US national insignia that should be on the upper left wing is instead on the upper right wing. The placement of the lower insignia and "NAVY" modex is proper. Is there a way to contact Paul Clawson to see if the US insignia on the upper surface of the wing can be moved over? Thanks!!

BTW this really is an outstanding aircraft.

PutPut
June 11th, 2014, 08:08
I've noted the US national insignia that should be on the upper left wing is instead on the upper right wing. The placement of the lower insignia and "NAVY" modex is proper. Is there a way to contact Paul Clawson to see if the US insignia on the upper surface of the wing can be moved over? Thanks!!

BTW this really is an outstanding aircraft.

You can contact me here or by my email which I always put in the readme file. It is not difficult to change the star and bar to the left wing. I had a tough time deciding which wing to paint the star. The drawings I used to create this project are based on BuWeaps drawings and show it on the right wing. The pictures I have show it on either or. Anyway, send me your email by PM and I will send you the corrected texture file.

Best, Paul

SSI01
June 11th, 2014, 12:30
Thanks very much for getting back so quickly, Paul. I'll be sending you an email separately.

It's a pity technology wasn't up to supporting this project as it appeared to have great potential. It should have been mechanically simpler than an
AD once the bugs were whipped, and load-hauling should have been about the same or even slightly improved. Certainly the speed would have been, one thinks. It's a husky airplane, just radiates strength.