PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Vanilla Install

Autothrottle
June 10th, 2014, 14:02
Hello all, just a quick question:

Do you need to keep the vanilla CFS3 installation on your desktop to help run ETO (all patches) or is it not an issue to delete it? Thanks in advance!

Lt. Heinz Becker
June 10th, 2014, 15:48
Nope. ETO is a complete separate install from stock CFS3 and ETO does not require stock CFS3 to run.

Autothrottle
June 11th, 2014, 20:40
If you want to play stock missions though, will it affect the ETO install if you switch back to play the original vanilla CFS3?

Lt. Heinz Becker
June 12th, 2014, 15:58
No it shouldn't hurt ETO at all. I haven't had any issues playing ETO and running quick combat in stock CFS3. They are two separate installations and I don't think they have any files that are used by each other at the same time. There are some guys here that have multiple stock CFS3 installs plus ETO, MAW, PTO and Solomon Islands all on one computer.

Autothrottle
June 12th, 2014, 21:28
Wow. So I could use this vanilla to install more addons once I leave it unchanged? Do you have to re-install a new CFS3 for every addon?

Led Zeppelin
June 13th, 2014, 01:02
So I could use this vanilla to install more addons once I leave it unchanged?

Yes.

I have installed MAW, ETO, OFF ph1, PTO and RS from the same CFS3 vanilla install.

Lt. Heinz Becker
June 13th, 2014, 11:42
Do you have to re-install a new CFS3 for every addon?

Nope. You only have to have one virgin copy of CFS3 if you want to install multiple addons. When the installer runs (ETO, PTO, MAW) it creates a copy of the virgin CFS3 install in another name such as CFS3 Mediterranean Air War, CFS3 European Theater of Operations, or CFS3 Pacific Theater of Operations. After the installer creates this new virgin copy of CFS3 in the name of whatever addon you want to install, the installer will then install all of the addon aircraft, scenery, missions, exc. that the addon has in it into the new copy of CFS3 the installer created.

Autothrottle
June 14th, 2014, 00:52
Thanks alot for the information guys! Its so awesome to know I don't have to stop at ETO!