PDA

View Full Version : New release

Maury2008
June 10th, 2014, 03:34
has anyone tried this:
FLYSIMWARE - VELOCITY XL RG FSX/P3DV1/P3DV2

falcon409
June 10th, 2014, 04:03
Just purchased. I was unaware that anyone had done this great little airplane. I had the opportunity to overhaul one of these as my last project before the company I was working for went bankrupt, lol. It had a damaged right landing gear and nose gear and the owner wanted a Dynon EIFS-D10A installed to replace several steam gauges and then completely sanded down, minor defects filled and repainted so he could take it to Oshkosh. All this by somebody who had never touched anything but Fighters, lol. It was awesome, lol.

I'll post some shots when I get it installed.

falcon409
June 10th, 2014, 04:25
Well, interesting, I have the airplane, but no registration key has come through yet. I had three e-mails from Flysimware after the purchase and none of them contained the registration key, grrrr.

falcon409
June 10th, 2014, 08:47
Finally got the code. Here are some shots:

Based on how detailed freeware has become. . .this is very close to not being worth the 27.99 price tag. . .however, for those who would enjoy this type of airplane. . .knowing that a freeware version is unlikely in our lifetime (like me). . .it was worth it.

Brian_Gladden
June 10th, 2014, 15:47
Hasn't been a freeware one since the one I did waaaaayyyyy back for FS 2000/02...

falcon409
June 10th, 2014, 19:49
Hasn't been a freeware one since the one I did waaaaayyyyy back for FS 2000/02...
Yep, After I had worked on the real thing I went searching for one for the Sim. . .and yours was the only one out there. Glad to have this one though. I may have been a bit hasty with criticism of the pricing too. While the external model is a bit lacking (but still nice), the interior is quite nice to be sure and considering aircraft are moving toward the $60.00 range, this is a bargain and a keeper.

falcon409
June 11th, 2014, 10:21
Well, color me surprised. . .looking through the Airliners.net site for livery ideas and what do I spot??? The very airplane I refurbished, lookin good in the original paint job I did. Glad to see it still flying (of course this was 4 years ago), JS. lol

falcon409
June 11th, 2014, 15:10
Some shots from P3D_V2.2:

Sundog
June 11th, 2014, 16:28
Now, if we could get someone to make a V-Twin (http://www.velocityaircraft.com/airplane-models-vtwin.html) I would really be happy. Alabeo, you listening? ;)

falcon409
June 12th, 2014, 05:18
As I spend more time with this airplane, I am finding areas that really need fixing. I was making a layered paint kit for it so I could do a version of the airplane I repaired and repainted (see above). When I started looking at the mapping, I found panel lines way off, textures from one section bleeding into other areas and generally, mapping of some areas that were mind boggling, not to mention the fwd and aft sections of the fuselage are different shades of white. I have put off any idea of repainting until I see what the response is from Flysimware. I still love the airplane, flying it non-stop thus far, but these things should have been caught easily by a beta tester.

falcon409
June 12th, 2014, 10:23
This apparently isn't a popular airplane, lol. . .but for anyone who might be interested, I did get a reply from Mark Taylor about the concerns I raised about the texturing and he assured me that those items will be corrected and a new revision released. Thanks Mark!

falcon409
June 13th, 2014, 02:17
Per the website, Update with revisions to the texturing should be out on the 15th.:jump:

falcon409
June 16th, 2014, 02:19
Rev. 1.1 is available supposedly, but I don't yet see where to download (if you've already purchased). Maybe I just hit them too early.

falcon409
June 16th, 2014, 10:57
Problem solved, download link is now active. Woohoo!!