PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 BoB - CTD when Warping

Kezington
June 8th, 2014, 17:47
So,
I encountered a rather strange problem while playing CFS3 BoB, today.

A few weeks ago, I started a campaign in which I played as a British R.A.F pilot.
I played through the entire campaign, which took around 4 in-game months.
Got over 40 air victories.
All good fun.

I then decided to start a campaign flying from the other side of the channel.
Mission 1: Fighter Sweep
Took off from airfield. No problems.
Pressed "X" to warp to the next waypoint and, after a couple seconds of warping...the game crashed straight to desktop.
Tried a few more times. Same result.

Anyone know what is going on and how I can stop it from happening?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mrjmaint
June 8th, 2014, 19:22
Are you playing one of the BoB campaigns in the ETO install for CFS3 or are you playing a campaign in the BoB install for CFS3?

Kezington
June 8th, 2014, 19:30
I'm playing a campaign in the BoB install for CFS3. As I'm not particularly interested in any other campaign.

Pat Pattle
June 9th, 2014, 03:31
Hi Kezington,

Welcome to the forum :)

Where did you get the campaign file from? I'd like to try and see if I can replicate the problem.

Kezington
June 9th, 2014, 03:47
Hi!

I got everything from the links on this page:

http://www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/BoBHome.html

Cees Donker
June 9th, 2014, 04:11
Did you use the BoBspawnselector?

Cees

Kezington
June 9th, 2014, 04:20
I downloaded the campaign for the BoB add-on and it came with updated spawns.

Oliver
June 9th, 2014, 06:09
I too have had this problem. But only on the German side. I was flying a ME110 when it happened.

mrjmaint
June 9th, 2014, 15:28
Pressed "X" to warp to the next waypoint and, after a couple seconds of warping...the game crashed straight to desktop.
Tried a few more times. Same result.

The problem you are having sounds like you have not selected the appropriate spawn set up in the spawn selector. In the campaign the ALLIED and the AXIS have their own set of spawn files. I have had this happen in ETO if I had the wrong spawn or no spawns selected when flying a campaign.

Cees Donker
June 9th, 2014, 21:44
The problem you are having sounds like you have not selected the appropriate spawn set up in the spawn selector. In the campaign the ALLIED and the AXIS have their own set of spawn files. I have had this happen in ETO if I had the wrong spawn or no spawns selected when flying a campaign.
My thoughts exactly!

Cees

Oliver
June 11th, 2014, 03:43
How do you change the spawns?

mrjmaint
June 11th, 2014, 16:17
How do you change the spawns?

For the BoB Campaign Package that was made for use in the CFS3 BoB Expansion a set of spawn files was made along with a spawn selector file like the one for the ETO expansion. The spawn files and the spawn selector is included in the BoB Campaign Package for the BoB Expansion.

The BoB Campaign package for the BoB Expansion can be found here: http://www.mrjmaint.com/CFS3/BoBCampaigns.html

Kezington
June 11th, 2014, 18:00
Awesome!
Managed to fix the problem by downloading and installing the spawn selector.
Must've forgotten to do it before. Like the muppet that I am! :S

Thanks guys! ^_^

Oliver
June 11th, 2014, 22:44
My oroblem solved too!

Thanks all.