PDA

View Full Version : FSAddon Hudson

PRB
June 7th, 2014, 07:26
I posted this in the FSAddon forums. Decided to post it here too.

I bought the original Hudson when it was released. Beautiful model, by the way. But it had the problem of the two manifold pressure gauges being tied to the right throttle control. Update 1 was supposed to fix it, but didn't appear to. I un-installed the original package and the then the update on several occasions, always with the same results. I did notice that the original aircraft installer locates my FSX installation, while the patch assumes the default FSX location of C:\Program Files(86)\ etc..., all the way to the Airplanes folder. I was careful to point the patch installer to the correct place each time, and then made sure I hadn't messed this up on previous attempts by looking in the Program Files(86) folder for the errant files. They were not there.

Today I tried something different. I uninstalled and reinstalled the original package. Then, I installed the Update 1 patch to a temp folder and manually copied the new files to the correct places in the FSX install. Now the MP gauges are indeed fixed!

I wish I had checked the file dates before and after the attempts at running the Update 1 installer on all the occasions that it didn't fix the MP gauge issue, but I didn't think about that.

Don't know what the problem is on my machine, or if others have had this problem, but thought I'd share the story, in case it helps anyone else.

I really like this plane, and am happy to have this sorted out. As you can see in the pics, the MP gauges read different now! :)

Daveroo
June 7th, 2014, 08:47
this is nice...a positive and helpfull post.thank you PRB..this helps me alot.

Portia911
June 7th, 2014, 14:53
Thanks for sharing this, Paul. I have this plane and have had one or two issues (mostly with flight dynamics in certain models) - might be worth another look adopting the manual updating approach you describe.

ps. I wonder where FSAddon's Avro Anson has got to. I was really looking forward to that at the end of last year, but there's been no mention for months now.

AussieMan
June 7th, 2014, 15:17
The Anson project is still very much alive.

I posted a query in the FSAddon Beta testers forum regarding the status of the project and Francois replied that Simon had been working at a local resort during the South African summer but was now back on the project and had completed another version ready for upload for the beta testers. Unfortunately Francois has recently moved from Holland to Italy and has limited internet at the moment. Also he has had to return to Holland to assist his elderly father with some things but when he returns to Italy in mid to late June he will upload the beta version for us testers.

All this was a fortnight ago so I feel a new version will be coming shortly for us testers. And this version will also include civilian versions of the Anson.

Portia911
June 7th, 2014, 16:28
Thanks for that good news, Pat. It's the civvie (Avro Nineteen) version I'm most interested in.