PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia B-29 Superfortress "fifi" repaint not showing up.

manfredc3
June 6th, 2014, 21:46
HELP!!!!!

I installed the Virtavia B-29 Superfortress today, and added several repaints downloaded from SOH.

All of them are showing up fine, except for the "fifi" repaint.

I tried everything I could think off. Checked fltsim.x hierarchy, texture folder name, even changed the texture folder name, and matched it in the aircraft.cfg file. Also newly downloaded from different websites, and re-installed.
Oh., and even changed the title.
Only thing I have not tried, is putting the content of the texture folder in a working tepaint folder to see if it would show up that way.

Is there anyone who can suggest something I have not tried yet?

All suggestions are welcome

racartron
June 6th, 2014, 22:34
Here's a copy of my "FIFI" livery that shows up.

[fltsim.10]
title=Virtavia B-29 Fifi
sim=Virtavia_B-29A
model=B-29A_late
panel=
sound=
texture=fifi
kb_checklists=B-29_check
kb_reference=B-29_ref
atc_id=
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=B-29-60-BN Superfortress
ui_variation=44-62070, "Fifi", Commemorative Air Force, 2013
ui_typerole="Strategic bomber"
ui_createdby="Virtavia"
description=a repaint of the excellent Virtavia B-29 to represent the Commemorative Air Force's B-29A-60-BN 44-62070 'Fifi', the sole remaining B-29 in flying condition. One of 36 B-29's acquired by the U.S. Navy for weapons practice, the aircraft was moved to China Lake, California in 1958. It was acquired by the Commemorative Air Force in 1971 and flown to Harlingen, Texas where it was restored to flight status and has been a major contributor to the U.S. air show circuit ever since. Sadly, it (so far) has not crossed the 'Pond' to grace European skies but one lives in hope....
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=CAF
atc_flight_number=070

The highlighted areas are the lines that usually cause an entry not to show up. I've chased a "missing" entry for what seemed forever on occasion only to find a single character in one of these lines in error. Rest assured that is where the error will be. Just replace your entry with this known working version and that should fix it. Be sure to replace the [fltsim.10] with your sequence number.

Hope this returns you to clean flying status.

Marvin Carter
June 6th, 2014, 23:15
This plane flew over my house today, it is in Sacramento on display. This plane is really big and really loud.hehe

DaveQ
June 6th, 2014, 23:38
My commonest mistake is missing out the first bracket of [fltsim.xx] when I'm copying an entry over. Easiest to miss, hardest to find....Any help?

DaveQ

manfredc3
June 7th, 2014, 05:59
Not missing the bracket. And I agree, that usually it is caused by a typo, or missing caracter during copy/paste.

I will give the above cfg listing a try later today.

Thanks for all you suggestions so far, and I wil update this post with my findings. Knowing myself I will be messing with this until I get it fixed. Might become a long night, lol.

DaveWG
June 7th, 2014, 06:07
The cut'n'paste section from the readme is incorrect. The line:

model=B-29_late

should be:

model=B-29A_late

Daveroo
June 7th, 2014, 06:18
This plane flew over my house today, it is in Sacramento on display. This plane is really big and really loud.hehe

i was going to go to Mather today to see Fifi and the other planes,but 104F isnt to my liking,imma stay home and listen to my scanner.

manfredc3
June 7th, 2014, 15:27
Yahoo! Fifi is airborne.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I had been reading and comparing all repaint config's, and of course kept missing the error.

Yes Dave, the missing "A" was the culprit. As I stated before as simple as a small typo.

Racartron, your config does have the "A" in the model line, so you both solved my problem. I went ahead and removed the readme file from the zip file, added the "A" and put it back in the zip file. That way it will not happen again in case I ever have to re-install.

First time I saw a B-29 Superfortress in real life was two years ago at the museum in Pueblo, Colorado. At that time I was already impressed by this magnificent giant.
Then I saw "fifi" last year at the Broomfield, Colorado airshow in flying glory. Ever since I wanted to fly this bird in fsx.
Virtavia did an awesome job with their rendition, and a few weeks ago I bought it on sale at pcaviator.com.
Now I can finally take fif on it's virtual tour.

Man, wouldn't a multiplayer session with B-29'ers be an awesome sight and experience.

Happy flying,