PDA

View Full Version : Freeware F-18C

skyhawka4m
June 6th, 2014, 09:03
What ever happened to the F-18C freeware projects that were going on? There were two of them, one from the Virtual Blues and then another by a member here.

delta_lima
June 6th, 2014, 09:24
Jamal / Spins_VMFA is working on one (I think it'll be payware?) - last progress shots were a good couple of months ago or so. It'll be awesome, if those shots are anything to go by.

the FSX Blue Angels Beta is still around (Jamal did the model, but FSXBA is running with it from there) - get it here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.345.html

It's pretty nice - though I haven't been able to get the D model sorted. Funky blue cockpit thing going on ... But between the C and the Xload D - I'm pretty happy with the current Legacy Hornet picture. Of course, when Jamal finishes his, that will be superb. But he's working on an F-4B model Phantom - so let's leave him alone! :biggrin-new:

DL

skyhawka4m
June 6th, 2014, 10:07
Well....is there any truth that either of these models have been stolen and is being developed as a payware and DCS? I'm hearing grumblings that this is true. I sure hope not.

delta_lima
June 6th, 2014, 11:26
No idea there.

I too, hope not. We're pretty good on FSX native Hornets - I just hope the second only native FSX Phantom doesn't die - that would be really sad.

Hope Jamal's good ...

DL

spins_vmfa321
June 6th, 2014, 12:16
Well....is there any truth that either of these models have been stolen and is being developed as a payware and DCS? I'm hearing grumblings that this is true. I sure hope not.

Heya Skyhawk,
That did happen, and the kid was booted off of the DCS forums by Wags. He then tried to take the model and pass it onto another person who was with another group that let me know he was still trying to sell the model.

Thanks for filling in on the details, DL! I'm on business travel for the next month. I have a laptop and am still working on projects, but don't have FSX so I can't test in game, so no screenshots for awhile.

Thank you much for the interest guys,
Jamal

jagl04
June 6th, 2014, 12:35
New about your work are always welcome :encouragement: