PDA

View Full Version : TT Time!

wombat666
June 4th, 2014, 23:43
And I'm really missing not being there!!!!
Watching the satellite feed is not the same as having feet on ground.
Not missing out next year, no way.

Dunlop wins the Superbike TT on BMW.

Bruce Anstey sets a new Superbike lap record.

These lads have really BIG brass balls!

The one good shot in my collection from last year.
Photographing MotoGP bikes is a breeze by comparison.

Panther_99FS
June 6th, 2014, 16:08
Looks like 2 riders died.......
-> http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/motogp/video-why-do-they-do-it-two-riders-killed-in-2014-isle-of-man-tt/

wombat666
June 6th, 2014, 23:32
“Everyone that races here knows the dangers and they accept them and they do their best to ride accordingly,” says TT competitor Cameron Donald. “But I think it’s sad in this world that we’re all so wrapped in cotton wool these days and there’s so few opportunities to do anything – dangerous.”

Cam Donald had year or two off after an enormous accident. He missed a couple TT rounds but is well and truly back on form. And his 'wrapped in cotton wool' sentiments are right on the mark.

"I loved the TT and really miss racing there.. Always remember nobody is forced to or has to race there.!" Carl Fogarty.

'Foggy' explains it perfectly.

"64-year-old motorcycle veteran Bob Price and up-and-coming 34-year-old Karl “Bomber” Harris both lost their lives in fatal accidents during this week’s 2014 Isle of Man races.

With the 2014 events coming to a close, 236 riders have now lost their lives in the 105-year history of the event."

I rode the circuit last year on one of the 'open to the public' days, supervised of course, while the KTM wasn't the best bike for the job, especially 'two up', we thoroughly enjoyed our ride, and my admiration for ALL the TT participants went up over 110%.
From my personal point of view, I, just me, myself, would prefer to die doing what I loved in a beautiful location, which describes the Isle of Man to perfection, than stuck in a hospital bed plugged into various devices, drooling and wearing a nappy.

<footer class="article"> </footer>

<footer class="article"> </footer>

Panther_99FS
June 7th, 2014, 09:01
Yes...TT has the purity of fans & riders accepting the race and danger for what it is....without any political correctness...