PDA

View Full Version : Early RAN Sea Venom

Hooky722
June 2nd, 2014, 10:26
Just Uploading this repaint to Library Its not perfect but considering the only references I had were these two Black and White Images I don't Think It's come out too badly

Hooky

8907 8908 8909

delta_lima
June 2nd, 2014, 11:22
Looks great!! Nice to see the non Suez, non-garish schemes getting some attention! :ernaehrung004:

If you've ever any appetite for the lovely, WW145 from the Scottish National Museum of Flight - that would be a true delight!

Just if you're inclined - have appreciated all you've done for RN stuff, both in FS9 and now in FSX - and it goes without saying, for all that work over the years, many thanks!!

DL

Hooky722
June 2nd, 2014, 11:53
I knocked this fictitious Victorious repaint up when the flying stations Victorious '58 came out a while ago It was just something fun to knock around in so I'm sure I can look into it and come up with something for you. May take me a few days though. I also want to take a look at doing an Aquilon and possibly one of these Hi-Viz two tone RN Schemes I keep finding too.

8914 8915

Hooky

Hooky722
June 2nd, 2014, 11:55
Just if you're inclined - have appreciated all you've done for RN stuff, both in FS9 and now in FSX - and it goes without saying, for all that work over the years, many thanks!!

DL

Thanks Very much mate I'm working over the next few days but I'll look into it

Hooky

delta_lima
June 2nd, 2014, 12:06
Cheers H! - Much appreciated - and no hurry please.

Yes, I suspect our French friends may enjoy an Aquilon repaint too!

DL

spatialpro
June 3rd, 2014, 02:38
Are these for the Virtavia model, or Rob Richardson's?

BTW, I love the second B&W shot of the RAN Sea Venom over the entrance to Christchurch Harbour, Mudeford and Hengistbury Head!

Have you got something approximating to a paint kit? I'd also love to have a go, whichever model it is.

Andy

robcarrich
June 3rd, 2014, 03:03
there is already an Aquilon repaint at the link below.
Alas no sliding canopy though.

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Avions.htm

RobR

dhasdell
June 3rd, 2014, 03:05
I've done a fictional repaint of a Victorious Sea Venom too. It's not great, but does at least get a "V" onto Victorious.

Hooky722
June 3rd, 2014, 05:12
there is already an Aquilon repaint at the link below.
Alas no sliding canopy though.

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Avions.htm

RobR

Just uploaded mine to the Library by the looks of it Rob only some of them had the sliding canopy.

8927 8928 8929

Hooky

fallenphoenix1986
June 3rd, 2014, 08:25
Being Scottish I'd appreciate WW145 as well, can remember my dad taking me out to that museum when I was about 7 or 8, he knew agy that worked there so I got to sit in the Sea Hawk, Sea Venom and Lightning which were notmally closed to the public, also got to sit in a Bucaneer pit that they had sittin next to te Sea Venom.

As for the Aquillons, I'm sure I read that it was only the SNCASE built birds that had slidding hoods, the initial models being assembled from kits supplied by de Havilland.

Craig

SkippyBing
June 3rd, 2014, 09:48
I've done a fictional repaint of a Victorious Sea Venom too. It's not great, but does at least get a "V" onto Victorious.

893 had Venoms on Victorious, I toyed with adding some static ones but decided two types was enough to be going on with!

dhasdell
June 3rd, 2014, 10:00
893 had Venoms on Victorious, I toyed with adding some static ones but decided two types was enough to be going on with!

Mine is just the default with a V and a nose number, though I think I got the number from a photo. There seem to be very few photos of Sea Venoms which show a clear V, nose number and serial, and anyway my painting skills are only up to adding, not changing.

Hooky722
June 4th, 2014, 11:37
Here you go Gent's

It's just been uploaded I apologise for the Inaccuracies in some areas but in the absence of a dedicated paint kit I've had to make do with what I have but all in all I'm quite pleased with the outcome hope you will be too regards

Hooky

8958 8959 8960

delta_lima
June 4th, 2014, 11:55
Here you go Gent's

It's just been uploaded I apologise for the Inaccuracies in some areas but in the absence of a dedicated paint kit I've had to make do with what I have but all in all I'm quite pleased with the outcome hope you will be too regards

Hooky

8958 8959 8960

Awesome Hooky - very well done - will be thoroughly enjoyed!!

thanks,

DL

DaveQ
June 4th, 2014, 12:07
Are these for the Virtavia model, or Rob Richardson's?

BTW, I love the second B&W shot of the RAN Sea Venom over the entrance to Christchurch Harbour, Mudeford and Hengistbury Head!

Have you got something approximating to a paint kit? I'd also love to have a go, whichever model it is.

Andy

I have a paint kit, Andy but not sure where I got it (?Britsim?). Jens-Ole and I worked on this a year or so back; maybe it's worth pm'ing him. Other than that I can dig mine out for you.

DaveQ

JensOle
February 5th, 2015, 00:15
Yes it was my paint kit. It took quite some work to redo the panel lines/rivets and details.

Dave did a great job with using it for a Victorious paint of XG607 of 893 NAS which was one of three Venoms modified to carry the firestreak missile. Actually 893 was the only front line venom squadron to use the three firestreak armed Venoms for a short period of operational testing in the late 1950's. (To my knowledge no other Sea Venoms could carry the missile, "as an realism heads up").

Some screens of my RAN Sea Venom with the new paint kit at this thread:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?81997-HMAS-Melbourne-(R21)/page3&highlight=sea+venom