PDA

View Full Version : Man builds flight simulator in his bedroom

Alpha Two Zero
June 1st, 2014, 01:43
Hi Guys,
Just found this on one of my News pages ​Man builds flight simulator in his bedroom (http://home.bt.com/news/oddnews/man-builds-flight-simulator-in-his-bedroom-video-11363906473728) Plane enthusiast Richard Hutchinson can fly around the world without laving home, after he built the cockpit of a Boeing 737-800 in his bedroom.

Navy Chief
June 1st, 2014, 04:24
I read more about him. He spent over 10,000 English pounds building it. Some might say that is crazy (I wouldn't!), but then again, I have spent way more than that on a boat, motorcycle, etc.... I guess it's all in what one considers important! NC

trucker17
June 1st, 2014, 08:52
I read more about him. He spent over 10,000 English pounds building it. Some might say that is crazy (I wouldn't!), but then again, I have spent way more than that on a boat, motorcycle, etc.... I guess it's all in what one considers important! NC

That's so true.
My system would have cost about 9,000.00 US. But I have been able to use materials from around my property, Cockpits made up of PVC pipes, Dashes made from scrap aluminum from grandpa's G21, thrift store towers that I rebuilt to what I needed, 6 projectors that turn my spare room into a live environment.

Ian Warren
June 1st, 2014, 13:08
:adoration:Like this comment
“She is not really interested, but she doesn’t mind me having it,” he added. “She says at least she knows where I am."

DarrenL
June 1st, 2014, 13:25
£10,000. Cheaper than the real thing and he can't crash the house.

:)

pfflyers
June 1st, 2014, 13:52
While I have a tremendous respect for someone with that much dedication, I couldn't be happy with such a specific cockpit. I fly an ecclectic mix of aircraft; hardly any of which have glass cockpits. If I could figure out how to build a generic single seat cockpit with working steam gauges I could really have some fun!

trucker17
June 1st, 2014, 15:40
While I have a tremendous respect for someone with that much dedication, I couldn't be happy with such a specific cockpit. I fly an ecclectic mix of aircraft; hardly any of which have glass cockpits. If I could figure out how to build a generic single seat cockpit with working steam gauges I could really have some fun!

I know that feeling.....
I have 7 different cockpits made up. With a quick change of a few little things here and their, I can fly most every aircraft I have in my collection.