PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia B29 Humpin Honey

gray eagle
May 30th, 2014, 06:55
Nice repaint however, I can not figure out why there are these little lines (shown in arrows) that move in a trail from the upper area to the lower area, they are small at the top then they
get bigger and just stream down.

http://s8.postimg.org/97626bskl/b29.jpg

Edit:

It's not just this one repaint that has this issue, it's ALL of the B-29 textures.
The lines will move as I turn the aircraft. I've tried different video settings and that doesn't fix it.

rgatkinson
May 30th, 2014, 07:33
Hi,

I will take a look and see if there is anything I can do. I'll have to double-check but I'm pretty sure that those lines are not part of my repaint, as they are part of a texture file I didn't modify.

On my system the shadow of the radio wire can sometime cause a similar effect.

Taff

Bjoern
May 30th, 2014, 07:37
Could be the shadow of a wire antenna (if present).

gray eagle
May 30th, 2014, 07:46
Hi,

I will take a look and see if there is anything I can do. I'll have to double-check but I'm pretty sure that those lines are not part of my repaint, as they are part of a texture file I didn't modify.

On my system the shadow of the radio wire can sometime cause a similar effect.

Taff

It's not just your repaint, it all the Virtavia B-29 textures that I experience this. This is endemic only to the Virtavia B-29.

gray eagle
May 30th, 2014, 07:47
Could be the shadow of a wire antenna (if present).

Thing of it is, when I go into a bank or turn, I notice that the lines will move to different part of the plane.

See photo above ^.

Ian Warren
May 30th, 2014, 12:42
It is the antenna wire, I scanned around and found it was obvious that was the cause, not so bad, good thing is the little fix's they are doing - window in the cockpit area cleaned up and guess the next would the engine start-up but generally all and all its great to have.

I love to see or get invited to a group who Multiplay with Tom's 'Mariana Island' scenery, since this on special until later today NZ time, might be a cursor to kick start something like this. :adoration:

gray eagle
May 30th, 2014, 15:17
It is the antenna wire, I scanned around and found it was obvious that was the cause, not so bad, good thing is the little fix's they are doing - window in the cockpit area cleaned up and guess the next would the engine start-up but generally all and all its great to have.

I love to see or get invited to a group who Multiplay with Tom's 'Mariana Island' scenery, since this on special until later today NZ time, might be a cursor to kick start something like this. :adoration:

Thanks for the info. Pretty good that you narrowed it down to the antenna. It seemed like when I went into a turn, the hash lines would roll or move to different area of the aircraft.
Hopefully, they will come up with a Rx (Fix) for it. The start up is a bit smokey but that's okay. I may add a brake squeal sound to it like I did for another oldie but goodie bird.

:adoration: