PDA

View Full Version : NEUWUC support and updates

Wizard
May 30th, 2014, 03:23
NEUWUC - Naval Engagement!, Underway!, Underway_Captain! and Captain! are all free as in free beer. All files are hosted over at http://fsx-miramar.webs.com . I will use this thread to post updates to all four programs.

U/W version #105 dll is now available. It fixes a minor bug whereby some platforms were not appearing after implementing the "standard" numbering of all platforms.

Wizard
June 16th, 2014, 13:45
The NE! server may go down anytime tonight (16 JUN 2014 or in the next day or so) as the hosting service (UCClouds.com) is migrating us to a redundent server. This is good. :applause:

I will issue (probably tomorrow) a new U/W dll and new UC! and Captain! exes. :untroubled:

Wizard
June 18th, 2014, 02:19
The NE! server has been moved and is now back up and running 24/7. :applause:
On the MFC site (http://fsx-miramar.webs.com) is the link to the new Underway! dll. This is a mandatory download as previous versions will not be able to connect to the (non-existant) server. Look for underway_fsx_107.7z in the downloads sticky.

Wizard
July 16th, 2014, 11:57
Underway #108 is now available on the MFC site. Fixes chocks (on moving ships) and a bug in the TACAN gauge.

Wizard
July 21st, 2014, 13:10
#109 is available

Fixes a minor math error in the chocks.
Updates platform roll/pitch rates to be consistent with the new platform ids.

Wizard
August 5th, 2014, 04:24
#110 available for U/W. More fixes for the chocks. Turns out the the complex formula used for steering platforms long distances doesn't work so well for short ranges (ie 200-400 feet), causing, on the Deltasim DDGs, a differential of 6 degrees, which although small, puts a helo which landed centerline over the port netting on the flight deck. Tested east and west. Not sure if it'll work or need to be tweaked for north/south...

Wizard
August 10th, 2014, 11:46
U/W 111 is now available -

This fixes the tacan ids ending in Y - the previous freq was .1 when it should have been .5 .

Also this should fix the "floating" altitude problem when chocks are on... this is a MANDATORY download as the server will be expecting the new/corrected chock message... without the dll you won't be able to chock.

New Underway Captain! program is also available... this fixes the IP address to the new NE! server and is also mandatory as the old UC will not connect to the server.

Wizard
August 22nd, 2014, 03:29
Thought I'd drop a line since it's been a while. We're having trouble with FSX maintaining created platforms. Let me explain - scenery refresh - this occurs when NE! tells UC! the current location of your platform at startup. FSX then moves you to your NE! position and reloads the scenery which can take a loong time - almost 3 minutes in some cases. So, what's happening is that any platform created before the scenery is refreshed (in UC!) is live. Anything created after the scenery refresh is instantly dropped (well according to the simconnect.log within about 0.1 seconds) and subsequent calls to update the platforms' positions are met with an EXCEPTION=3 - no such id, because FSX has issued a ObjectAddDelete call per the log. I have no idea why FSX/Simconnect is issuing this destruction command... I've commented out everything but the update position handling. Anyone that might have a clue as to why this behavior has suddenly appeared (after 5 years of testing) is more than welcome to advise me.

This behavior does not seem to happen in U/W, though you sometimes have to restart U/W in order to get all the platforms to appear - and the programs use the exact same file to handle the positon updates. But U/W uses gauges (.dll), whereas UC! uses a .exe. Pulling my hair out over this one.... :concern:

Wizard
August 27th, 2014, 10:50
Underway_Captain! #68 now available.

Turns out that you have to respond to simconnect (via myDispatchProcRD function call) more than 8 Frames per second... 16 seems to do the trick.

Wizard
September 10th, 2014, 08:29
#112 is now available.

This adds the U-2 with id#s 2000000-2099999

Wizard
September 23rd, 2014, 12:35
New U/W - #113
New UC - #68

After weeks of hair pulling I fixed a couple of minor bugs - and, the b iggie which was most of the cause, was accidently setting the latitude=longtitude. Must have done something weird to cause this in the last six months. It caused FS to report an error - but not in the initial position information - which is where I was expecting it. It actually gave the error when I told fsx to release the platform to my control. So, no more cycling of the U/W switch to see platforms and missiles with smoke are working once again! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to get some video of the action...

Wizard
September 25th, 2014, 09:06
New NEUWUC programs available.

This change adds new radars and sonars in use aboard the Seawolf class of submarines.

Wizard
September 26th, 2014, 09:01
There is now a new names.txt file. See the sticky on the MFC site for the download. This file is a *must* if you want to let the sonarmen be able to classify and tell you the name of the platform they are getting sounds from - otherwise, they'll only be able to tell you UNKNOWN or FRIENDLY. Put the file in the underway folder of FSX. You *will* need this if you plan on participating in the Operation Amber battle(s) taking place. See the http://fsx-miramar.webs.com site for details

I also updated the Underway Installer, which includes this file.

Wizard
September 30th, 2014, 15:22
As a result of our current Mexican/Cuban/Russian "battle group" versus Task Group 24 encounters, there are lots of additions to the user interface to implement, mostly dealing with torpedos and submarines. So far we have a DDG and one FFG in flames, and a Foxtrot that got really lucky in an encounter with a MK-46 torpedo. Look forward to many improvements to come.

Wizard
October 9th, 2014, 11:02
New U/W, UC, and Captain. Changes:

1. When you receive an UNDERWATER_EXPLOSION message it will pop up a message requester telling to the bearing - and in the case of sonobuoy also the buoy id received on.
2. No more passive esm reports about passive sonars - if you get one tell me.
3. SONAR PROPS messages should now have a speed associated in the esm_report. If not let me know.
4. REARM switch will now rearm the aircraft with weapons in the loadout file. Same weapon loaded on pylon = 0 minute wait. weapon on empty pylon=5 minute wait, replace a weapon with a different weapon = 10 minute wait.
5. The Attach button in UC & Captain now is a momentary button.
6. The first item on the ESM report should always be own ship - if not let me know.
7. Underwater explosions will now be heard at 50 times the receiver's direct path range.

Wizard
October 21st, 2014, 12:13
U/W #116 available.

This should show all switches in their proper position upon starting U/W. Exceptions include master arm switches and the ELT Receiver.

Also this fixes some "twitching motion" on platforms caused by the first esm message not always being own platform.

Wizard
October 28th, 2014, 15:53
I know it's months late but here's the video we took of Camp pendleton to show off NEUWUC's capabilities two years ago....

http://youtu.be/qrTUuzx4Wsg

daisan
October 29th, 2014, 07:43
Impressive!

Wizard
November 5th, 2014, 12:03
Underway #117 is now available. This fixes

1. Platform crabbing (magnetic versus true course).
2. Additional checking added for positional data being sent to server.
3. Blanking radar do to recent change where first ESM message is no longer own ship.

Wizard
November 28th, 2014, 07:53
A 30 minute video describing Underway!, its gauges, and systems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Def4JeJ0dyM

Wizard
November 30th, 2014, 12:07
U/W #118 is posted at fsx-miramar.webs.com
This fixes a recent bug whereby sonobuoys were not showing up on the panel.

Wizard
December 16th, 2014, 12:37
New UC/Captain up. This fixes a problem with turning on/off the TACAN transmitter and setting the frequency. The server had been set to require the TACAN to be on - now it just need not be destroyed to set the frequency.

Also added 12 new Russian torpedoes - yes, including nukes - the damage from them being 2000 points - enough to sink any platform - although I have not (yet) added collateral damage to nearby platforms. I'm still mulling over what to do about that.

Wizard
December 23rd, 2014, 03:20
U/W 119 is up, as well as new UC and Captain.

This adds 3 Russian helicopters - MI-15, KA-25 and KA-27. It also adds new Russian sonobuoys (RGB-1 and RGB-75).

Enjoy!

Wizard
January 5th, 2015, 10:19
russian_corvettes.7z is now available - this contains three small ships - Tarantul II, Poti, and Turya. All three are quick and dirty - no textures, they just vaguely look like them. For use in the upcoming ASW/ASUW engagement off the coast of Mayport., FL and Cuba/Grenada

Wizard
January 14th, 2015, 08:39
New Underway_Captain! and Captain! (75 and 33) available.

Fixes a bug whereby if a bad message comes in and it's length=0 it won't go into an infinite loop.
Adds error messages if your platform is:

repairing in a shipyard - and you aren't in one
trying to fuel - and you aren't in a refueling area
trying to load ammunition - and you aren't in an ammo depot.

Wizard
January 23rd, 2015, 11:54
U/W #122 available. Discovered the cartesian coordinate conversion was giving a NAN (not a number) error. Testing and eliminating the bad results has solved several problems.

1. Ships are back to running smoothly with no wiggles.
2. The TDD (Tactical Data Display) no longer blinks or goes black
3. Contacts held no longer blink but transition smoothly across the TDD.

Wizard
January 24th, 2015, 07:05
New UC and Captain

Fixes a couple of problems with the waypoint/AP delete/add buttons.
Adds repair,refueling,and ammo locations on the plot so that it will appear correct in FSX. Colors for the areas are:

repair = YELLOW
fuel = PURPLE
AMMO = PINK

Wizard
February 5th, 2015, 03:16
New U/W, Captain, UC. Fixes a problem in the TORPEDO_AWAY message.

Also a new scenario is available (though not yet tested) ASW-05 off of Cuba.

Wizard
February 11th, 2015, 02:48
Another new UC is available. Apparently, FSX, via SimConnect, was sending bogus magnetic variation numbers - which were huge, causing all sorts of problems with course calculations. Why M$ decided to use magnetic degrees and convert to true is beyond me. Everything should have been calculated in true and then the variation added to it. Nonetheless, this (#78) fixes the wandering course leader in UC and softweare crashes caused by it.

Wizard
February 25th, 2015, 02:18
Underway! #130 is now available. This fixes an apparently 8 year long bug in the drawing routines for the Tactical Data Display. I used one of M$ examples and did not realize I had to "free" a brush after creating it - kind of obvious in hind sight, but 8 years ago I was truly a novice at programming for FS9/X.

Also added a couple of Spanish ships (L-51 and F-81 classes) and their associated radars to the system.

Wizard
February 27th, 2015, 11:19
U/W 131 is up.

This fixes some issues with sonobuoys. One problem is that when designers of ships, in particular, make the models, the waterline is not necessarily at zero. So I had to code for a slight elevation if the platform is a surface vessel. Additionally, esm reports stay alive for 2-3 seconds and I had to make it the same for the sonobuoys.

Wizard
March 5th, 2015, 03:16
U/W #133 is available. This changes the sonobuoy rack from showing the specific model of sonobuoy to a color-coded active/passive scheme and buoys are numbered to make it easier to figure out which buoy is sending data. Buoy selection has been slightly modified - left mouse launches and selects a buoy for the data readout. right mouse click turns the buoy data reception on and off.

Duplicate reports of contact information have been eliminated on the TDD which cleans up the display considerably.

The Master Arm switch is yet again fixed.

daisan
March 7th, 2015, 04:41
Zaragoza AB this morning on NE/UW

http://youtu.be/q1FaaIUneSM

Wizard
March 9th, 2015, 12:42
U/W #134 is available.

TACAN switch should start in correct position
True radars installed in P-3 and P-8
Leader lines on TDD for own aircraft restored
Sonobuoy data now displays correctly with consistent IDs. Data is now more persistent in it's display (no more flashing)
Plus (on) now working properly

Wizard
April 17th, 2015, 09:04
#140 has been posted

This new version contains a lot of additions, fixes, and changes.

Be sure to download the 139_update.7z and place the files according to the readme.
----------
fixes:
rearm switch causes crash. No more - even if not within a re-arm facility.
multiple active sonobuoy readouts for the same contact.
no longer issues an eject message for another platform exploding.
----------
Adds:
New platform "Shadow". When a submarine platform is added to U/W this adds a shadow platform which is really tiny to skim along on the surface directly above the submarine. This allows us to have torpedo explosion visual effects for the submerged submarine.

Added audio explosion for torpedo explosion.

Added oil slick effect.

Added gauge checks upon starting Underway. There are two potential messages:
1. You don't have something needed
2. You have something not authorized - this will not allow you to continue until you get out of Underway/fsx and add remove the offending gauge(s).
adds modeless dialogs - which are popups that do not stop/halt fsx. Great for those explosion and non-critical messages.
If your aircraft has systems damage when you connect to NE, you will now get a damage report.
There are now 4 levels of explosion noise depending on how far away you are - 1,2,4,or a max of 8 miles. Be sure to download the uw_uw_explosions.7z and put the sounds in your FSX\Sound folder.

-----------

Changes:
changed the audio signature of Diesel/Electric submarine to be silent while submerged at great that 10 feet below surface... presuming they are on batteries.

-----------

Please note that the ASW-T1 has been modified to move the submarine 5NM north of the DDG. This was done for the safety of the ship. ;*D

Wizard
April 23rd, 2015, 03:50
#141 Underway posted.

This will hopefully fix repeated use of smoke effects. The problem we noticed was that the smoke effects were not "reset" after a use so now I am deliberately turning them off and then on. This was most apparent during torpedo hits on submarines.

The NE server has been modified to so that Diesel/Electric submarines will not generate passive tonals while on battery, but will still provide prop noise - thus allowing estimates of speed. Active buoys and sonars are still recommended for use against these quiet subs while they are on battery.

Wizard
June 2nd, 2015, 11:20
Underway #142 is up. Adds passenger pickup and drop off. Provides a maintenance area at Rota Spain (LERT) for aircraft.
UC 85 and Captain 40 are up adding ammo,fueling, and shipyard piers at NAVSTA Rota, Spain.

Wizard
June 4th, 2015, 15:04
Underway #144 is up.

This allows the pickup and drop off of passengers. A person must now be within 0.2nm of a platform he owns or is in command of in order to board it. If not the person can run around (virtually) at up to 3 miles per hour until picked up by a vehicle for transport. So if a Pilot is shot down, he can activate his Emergency Locater Transmitter (ELT) and wander around until he is picked up by a helo, car, truck, etc. and transported to a hospital to get "repaired" or to an airfield where he can hop on a flight back to his airfield.

Wizard
June 15th, 2015, 10:07
New Captain 41 and UC 86 - incorporates the new ETOPO1 map from NOAA (nominally 1NM at the equator)

New Underway! - #147 adds in the Beech Baron C55 and Bonanza F33 to the list of 108 aircraft now in the system.

Wizard
July 1st, 2015, 09:24
U/W #148 is posted.

This changes the Cessna 337 id from 40600000-40699999 to 40700000-40799999. The 4060 was conflicting with the SPECOPS/parachute guy/your avatar when walking around.

Wizard
July 16th, 2015, 12:36
Underway #149 is now available

Fixes a typo in the laser designation message handling.
Fixes several weapon typos which resulted in no graphics showing.

Wizard
July 20th, 2015, 12:40
Underway #150 is up.

This separates the SU-22 and AN-32 numbers -so if you have them:
AN-32 title is 23200000
SU-22 title is 23210000
in the Misc directory.

Add pax and cargo gauges for the Mi-X helos and the AN-X aircraft.

Wizard
July 22nd, 2015, 10:29
U/W #151 available

Fixes a typo in the number of gauges for the parachute/SPEC Ops guy which caused some weird problems.
Fixes a typo in the orange_smoke_pb wherein U/W was complaining it wasn't installed in an parachute/Spec Ops guy and it was.

trowelmaster
July 29th, 2015, 07:40
Zaragoza AB this morning on NE/UW

http://youtu.be/q1FaaIUneSM

Nice video...!

Wizard
August 6th, 2015, 10:38
U/W #153 is up

Fixes a bug where the altitude was being set to zero instead of being tested for 0. Aircraft should now remain on deck (and visible), even with the ship moving and leaving and restarting FSX/U/W. :redfire:

trowelmaster
August 6th, 2015, 13:21
U/W #153 is up

Fixes a bug where the altitude was being set to zero instead of being tested for 0. Aircraft should now remain on deck (and visible), even with the ship moving and leaving and restarting FSX/U/W. :redfire:

Works just fine Geoff, I've got the Su-33 and the Helix aboard the Kuznetsov with chocks on...Solid as a rock...!

Wizard
August 13th, 2015, 04:47
U/W #154 is up.

This adds an IFF interrogator for the SU-33. We've uncovered some more data regarding the SU-33 and will be updating it's equipment and weapons in the next release.

This fixes the positioning of aircraft on deck. I originally used a simple bearing and range calculation for when the chock switch was thrown, figuring that it was faster to calculate and that how much delta could 200 feet generate. It turns out that at 36 degrees north latitude that it equated to some 30 odd feet - enough to put a helo that was dead center - off the port side by about 6 feet. Using the long version of the equation keeps the helo exactly where it was (within 3 inches).

Wizard
August 19th, 2015, 09:10
New UC and Captain! posted.

Fixed error messages displaying numbers:
Owner is a passenger in another platform
Owner is too far away (>0.2nm) from platform

Implemented a "CONTINUE" button when programs are being shutdown, in case you made a mistake and didn't mean to stop running the programs.

Wizard
January 18th, 2016, 02:40
The NEUWUC family of programs has moved and split. The information website is still navalengagement.net. All the data ie - parts locations, platform info, etc is now at http://app.navalengagement.net. Our hosting service, UCClouds.com moved the NE server to it's own server, freeing up a lot of resources for us and diminishing the impact on others that were on the shared server. Many, many thanks to them.

Underway! #155 is posted. So to get to it - go to app.navalengagement.net and login. Up at the top is a link to the download section where you will find all the downloads. It ain't pretty but it works.

Wizard
December 30th, 2016, 09:43
The NE Server may be going down the evening of Dec 31 2016 due to scheduled maintenance of the hosting service. It's not supposed to go down, but it may. We recently found and killed the last known bug in the server and it's been running ever since with no memory leaks.

Wizard
March 7th, 2017, 08:20
U/W # 158 is now available. It adds the F-22 Raptor/gauges.
The loadout program also now includes the F-22 and can now add GPS coordinates for those types of weapons for up to 8 waypoints.

Wizard
April 19th, 2017, 09:13
New version of the loadout program is available - #7. Fixes a bug wherein a space in the loadout file caused Underway! to miscalculate the number of fields resulting in a plethora of error messages.

Wizard
May 11th, 2017, 04:45
New versions of Captain! and Underway_Captain! are now up. This fixes a problem in the autopilot/waypoint routines where if the server was shutdown (ie for maintenance) and restarted, the waypoints would not be restarted and the platform would remain motionless.

Wizard
May 26th, 2017, 04:41
New versions of all three programs are up - while this does not (yet) directly affect Underway! it is a mandatory update. We now implement periscope, snorkel, and battery usage. Because of the extra data even U/W is a mandatory update.

This will (probably) be our last major upgrade to the FSX version of Underway! and Underway Captain!. We will begin to transition to Prepar3d V4 as soon as testing is complete for the peri,snork, and bat changes. We look forward to the increased capabilities of the P3D platform. :jump:

Wizard
June 13th, 2017, 11:36
Underway! #163 for Prepar3d is now available on http://navalengagement.net . This is the 64 bit version for v4 of P3D.

Wizard
July 29th, 2017, 11:37
Captain #51 now available. This fixes a bug in sonar tonal and sonar platform id messages.

Wizard
December 12th, 2017, 03:55
Underway #167 for P3Dv4.1 is now available. This adds the Hawker Hunter and the S-2E. Additionally, it fixes a bug in that if there is no aircraft.cfg for a platform it ignores that aircraft instead of ignoring all the rest of the aircraft.

There is also a new Loadouts.exe that add the two aircraft making it easier to create your loadout for a flight.