PDA

View Full Version : .cdp file eliminator

highpockets
May 28th, 2014, 08:49
Anyone point me to this?

SabreAce
May 28th, 2014, 09:23
I never even realized there was a program specifically for eliminating .cdp files. The method I've always used is to go into the main aircraft folder, and do a file search for ".cdp". As long as "search subfolders" is active, it should list all .cdps, and then you can just select all/delete.

Might take a minute or two, depending on how many folders Windows has to search through.

highpockets
May 28th, 2014, 09:28
OK thanks for the tip

Rami
May 28th, 2014, 09:34
Highpockets,

SabreAce is right. You can use the "Windows Search" feature and point it to search you CFS2 folder(s). Make sure to do a larger search than just "aircraft," because objects in the "objects_dp" folder also generate their own individual .cdp files when used.

You may also want to use the same technique to delete "filelist.dat" files.

Shadow Wolf 07
May 28th, 2014, 10:02
Highpockets,

SabreAce is right. You can use the "Windows Search" feature and point it to search you CFS2 folder(s). Make sure to do a larger search than just "aircraft," because objects in the "objects_dp" folder also generate their own individual .cdp files when used.

You may also want to use the same technique to delete "filelist.dat" files.

Rami is 100% right. While you are at it do a search of the whole/all CFS2 folder(s) and eliminate all those little buggers. It can't hurt anything.

Cheers

Fibber
May 28th, 2014, 10:26
.....are you guys awaree that Leroy10 did a filelist eliminator several years back? Also there is another one called "filelist eliminator" that will cleanout .cdp's, temp gauges, and filelist.dats. by a unkown author. I have them and find they work quick and painlessly. They are simple batch files.

Shadow Wolf 07
May 28th, 2014, 10:53
You can also do it by using the same method Rami describes above, Just type in the search line instead of ,cdp: filelist.dat . Run the search, select all and delete. It eliminates all the filelist files. but they will be regenerated when you start the game again.

bub
May 28th, 2014, 12:16
I think this is what you want.
Bub

Fibber
May 28th, 2014, 12:24
...if you do a lot of changes, or just every so-often, it doesn't hurt to go to the main folder and delete the "_ INDEX" files. The game will rebuild, at game start-up, with what is presently in the game.

highpockets
May 28th, 2014, 13:39
OK Guys, thanks. :applause:
I used the search and deleted both filelist.dat and .cdp and still having CTD issues. I need to do some backtracking to find out what might be causing this. Several of the missions worked at one time!

Fibber
May 28th, 2014, 17:41
.......is the last post supposed to be in reference to the RAAF missions you are having trouble with? In relation to those missions you should relate how far the missios go before the CTD. Maybe that might help someone here with a idea.

Allen
May 28th, 2014, 20:21
In the main CFS2 folder is an error.LOG and events.log that may help you find your bug.

highpockets
May 29th, 2014, 09:52
error log doesn't record because they CDT when I select "fly now".
I posted one error log that showed up already to Rami. The number of A/C are well bellow the 100.

bearcat241
May 29th, 2014, 19:07
If you're getting this when trying to fly in Free Flight its going to either be something wrong with the model you've chosen or the scenery location. Try changing the location first and the model second if the problem persists. In the case of the model its usually an FS conversion that causes this (rarely does a native CFS2 model cause this). In the case of scenery it can be a corrupt or missing texture file or corrupt bgl file in the airbase's scenery folder.

highpockets
May 30th, 2014, 07:56
Bearcat, I will tinker some more.
There are three sets of missions and only one of them all work OK. The other two are giving me fits for some reason. As stated earlier, they just started to not load. I have checked out all the aircraft in free flight to see if any problems by viewing them and have flown several already.
The problems began, I think , when I was "futzing" with the b25 AI bombs and , or the vn_neworleans ship.
Thanks for the tip. I am neither a mission builder, A/C builder or "skinner" so I have to plod through as I learn.:banghead:

bearcat241
June 1st, 2014, 04:30
Bearcat, I will tinker some more. There are three sets of missions and only one of them all work OK....

OK, i misunderstood you. You're working through missions, not FF, so you have a much more complicated mixture things beyond the model and the scenery that can go wrong. Sorry i can't help.