PDA

View Full Version : FSX Install Questions

codeseven
January 22nd, 2009, 09:53
I have XP SP3 and I'm installing the FSX Gold pack.

I noticed in the 'Clean FSX, Acceleration, SP1 & SP2 Install!' guide at Simviation that it's suggested to get the latest version of FSUIPC4, is that still needed with my install?

Also, it says to 'Make sure you have the C++ library update installed' and the link is to the 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package', however I noticed there is a newer 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package' available, should I install that instead? Thanks

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1197380641

Boomer
January 22nd, 2009, 10:15
Yes...

FSUIPC is a proprietary software used only for FlightSim. It allows various apps to communicate with FS.

As to the others ::shrug:: In my experience it is always best to keep your libraries current.

harleyman
January 22nd, 2009, 10:16
The install should go ahead and set all the C++ you need...

I never had the FSUIP4 in mine,but it sure won't hurt anything having it there... I had 3.5

That post is over a year old now...Don't think any of the C++ info maters anymore....

IanP
January 22nd, 2009, 10:19
FSUIPC3.x doesn't work with FSX.

FSUIPC4.x is useful, but not essential.

codeseven
January 22nd, 2009, 11:10
Thanks guys.

I see from another FSX install guide by one of the authors (NickN) of the previous guide that was last updated 1-19-09 that FSUIPC4 is not mentioned but he still lists the C++ update as a necessary task and that link is to the 2005 SP1 version, not the the 2008 SP1 version which should be the most up to date.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041&PN=1

harleyman
January 22nd, 2009, 11:18
I believe that they still auto install somehow..Mind seemed to.....

I keep Windows up to date and never bothered with it at all.....

This is the first I have heard of worrying about it..

I have heard that its good to have net frameworks up through 4 though....

codeseven
January 22nd, 2009, 11:35
I believe that they still auto install somehow..Mind seemed to.....

I keep Windows up to date and never bothered with it at all.....

This is the first I have heard of worrying about it..

I have heard that its good to have net frameworks up through 4 though....

Thanks.

How do you check to see what version of C++ you have?

Also, Net Framework 4? Geez, I thought the last one was 2.0. How do I check to see what version of that I have?

harleyman
January 22nd, 2009, 13:01
Its all in your add remove programs..Mine is XP..If you have vista you may need to check at the top and have it show you all MS updates .....
And it net framework 3.5 only up to..Sorry..i easily get confused these days....LOl

codeseven
January 22nd, 2009, 14:17
Thanks Harleyman.

By the way, I did once own a Road King, loved it! But I had to sell it to make a downpayment on a house. One of these days....

harleyman
January 22nd, 2009, 14:42
WHAT...You sold a Road King for a house...Thats against the rules.....LOL

I understand that though..Gotta do what you gotta do for the family..

The sad part is,that with the house comes tons of expensises and responsibabilities, and its even harder to get a bike again........

Well, for you hopefully again one day......:woot:

codeseven
January 22nd, 2009, 15:03
Weird, mine (XP SP3) shows the Net Framework (2.0 SP1) but there's no C++ on there at all.

harleyman
January 22nd, 2009, 15:36
Hmmm I have XPPro SP 3 also..One of the C++ installed with the game if I'm not wrong....I thought it did though.......

Now I'm not sure...

Do this...Go to auto updates and see what it offers you...

codeseven
January 22nd, 2009, 15:43
WHAT...You sold a Road King for a house...Thats against the rules.....LOL

Ssshh!! The Harley Police are still look'in fer me!

I'll check Auto Updates, thanks.

codeseven
January 22nd, 2009, 15:58
Nope, nothing on Updates.

If XP installs it I'm not seeing it. If it's something that FSX installs then the 'problem' is that FSX is not installed yet on this computer. I'm in the process of setting everything up to date as well as I can before installing it.

harleyman
January 22nd, 2009, 18:22
See what happens when you install FSX..If its not there you can get it from MS..But I think it looks for that and places it there on install...I think mine did...But not 100% sure on that...It may have come from drivers too..Not sure...sorry