PDA

View Full Version : G effects don't work in DX10

sleightflight
May 27th, 2014, 14:18
Hi all,
I have pulled some really high positive and negative G manoeuvres and I no longer get the screen going black or red like it did in DX 9.
Is this function not operational in DX 10 ?
Thanks.

Adamski_NZ
May 27th, 2014, 20:40
Hi all,
I have pulled some really high positive and negative G manoeuvres and I no longer get the screen going black or red like it did in DX9.
Is this function not operational in DX10 ?
Wow! It's been *ages* since I've seen either of those effects - in DX9 or DX10. Are they still there/were they ever there in DX9? There's no way I'm going back to DX9 even for a minute to find out, but I'm intrigued.

Adam.

orionll
May 27th, 2014, 22:10
I try not to pull that many G's in the first place, but now that you mention it, I think you're right. I haven't noticed the G effects in DX10. And yes, they're still there in DX9.

sleightflight
May 31st, 2014, 01:24
You have to have the tick box ticked in the settings for G effects to work, I tend to fly fast jets more than passenger jets in the sim and I used to enjoy getting the screen to black out or red up. Definitely can't make it happen in DX10.

Adamski_NZ
May 31st, 2014, 03:25
You have to have the tick box ticked in the settings for G effects to work, I tend to fly fast jets more than passenger jets in the sim and I used to enjoy getting the screen to black out or red up. Definitely can't make it happen in DX10.
Ditto - I gave it a try in the EE Lightning in turns that should have broken the wings off ... no black-outs or red-outs.

I suppose I'm more used to seeing these effects in combat sims, but I expect it'd be great to have them in FSX/DX10 for things like the Pitts, RV8, Yak-52 etc.

Adam.

Paul J
May 31st, 2014, 05:44
I tested this using the SibWings Pitts and both api's and the effect is there for DX9 and not for DX10. I've sent a request to Steve, asking him to look into it.

pj

sleightflight
May 31st, 2014, 14:25
Cool, thanks Paul.
It would be great if he can get it to work, but as we know not all things in DX10 can be fixed.
Fingers crossed.

sleightflight
August 23rd, 2014, 12:17
I'm not sure why but I got a blackout while pulling some G the other night, DX10 is still switched on but I have also had a degradation in performance, mainly texture loading giving more blurries than normal, like it's in DX9.
Is it possible that even though DX10 is switched on it's somehow running in DX9 ?

Adamski_NZ
August 23rd, 2014, 15:53
I'm not sure why but I got a blackout while pulling some G the other night, DX10 is still switched on but I have also had a degradation in performance, mainly texture loading giving more blurries than normal, like it's in DX9.
Is it possible that even though DX10 is switched on it's somehow running in DX9 ?
I'm intrigued!!! What aircraft was this with? I'm keen to try it myself! I wonder whether it's some code that's somehow triggered by a very specific setting in the .air file that maybe only the odd aircraft may have. Even then, it looks like it's not really working properly <?>.

Adam.

sleightflight
August 23rd, 2014, 23:26
Dino's Goshawk was the aircraft, I didn't get tine to try another aircraft unfortunately.

Adamski_NZ
August 24th, 2014, 02:35
Dino's Goshawk was the aircraft, I didn't get time to try another aircraft unfortunately.
This is most weird! I couldn't get these effects to work at all in some previous tests. However - I [re]ticked the "G-effects" box in "realism" and immediately got black-outs and re-outs.

The Goshawk worked well - as did the JF EE Lightning and the F/A-18 Superbug. The T-45 being the most nimble showed the effects best. I didn't get any blurries ...

Adam.

sleightflight
August 24th, 2014, 23:55
Acusim A2A spitfire: http://youtu.be/9HBaAS9Wquo.
Computers are strange beasts at times.
This video I recorded in 1080 was lovely and sharp only a little bit of blurring here and there, my fsx is definitely not as good as this now, I re installed my traffic 360 software trying to resolve a vox atc problem, having sorted that out I got blurries back with a vengeance.

Adamski_NZ
August 25th, 2014, 02:53
Acusim A2A spitfire: http://youtu.be/9HBaAS9Wquo.
Computers are strange beasts at times.
This video I recorded in 1080 was lovely and sharp only a little bit of blurring here and there, my fsx is definitely not as good as this now, I re installed my traffic 360 software trying to resolve a vox atc problem, having sorted that out I got blurries back with a vengeance.
Nice Spitfire video! I spotted one of my C172 repaints in your YouTube collection LOL!

Sounds to me like a general memory/CPU overload. Have you cleared/rebuilt the shaders cache?

I run Ultimate Traffic2 which is a bit of a hog (along with OPUS, REX etc.) ... but no TrackIR. I have pin sharp visuals at a chronic framerate - which I prefer to a decent framerate. It's OK for screengrabs, I suppose, but I'd be struggling to record a smooth video with my current settings.

My A2A Spitfire video is ancient, so here's a C172 at NZMF ... pre Steve's Fixer ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYDed6LURoY

Adam.

sleightflight
August 25th, 2014, 14:03
One of your re paints eh, then thanks for putting it out there, I went through tons of re paints for that aircraft and that one really compliments the lines of the the aircraft, I find some made it look clunky or old, which I know some people want but I was looking for visually pleasing.
Your video looks superb the water and reflections especially, I assume the stutters are Fraps induced ?
The only odd thingnin my system was traffic 360 was installed before vox atc and therefore for some reason I didn't get much in the ways of traffic 360 traffic until I launched vox atc, after re installing traffic 360 trying to sort this out, I got traffic back without having to run vox but as it obviously affected performance I checked for vox atc update and found a few had been released since I last checked, so I un installed vox, dix the usual restart and re installed vox and then the UK expansion, kind of hoping vox would re take control of my ai traffic but not this time, it's stayed on all the time.
I may try switching traffic off to see if I got my visuals back.

Adamski_NZ
August 25th, 2014, 15:38
One of your re paints eh, then thanks for putting it out there, I went through tons of re paints for that aircraft and that one really compliments the lines of the the aircraft, I find some made it look clunky or old, which I know some people want but I was looking for visually pleasing.
Your video looks superb the water and reflections especially, I assume the stutters are Fraps induced ?
The only odd thingnin my system was traffic 360 was installed before vox atc and therefore for some reason I didn't get much in the ways of traffic 360 traffic until I launched vox atc, after re installing traffic 360 trying to sort this out, I got traffic back without having to run vox but as it obviously affected performance I checked for vox atc update and found a few had been released since I last checked, so I un installed vox, dix the usual restart and re installed vox and then the UK expansion, kind of hoping vox would re take control of my ai traffic but not this time, it's stayed on all the time.
I may try switching traffic off to see if I got my visuals back.
I did a photo session at Ardmore for those C172s. Some RL liveries were pretty awful, so I didn't bother with them. Like you - even with the ones I did do, I have my favourites!

Yes - I think filming added a bit of a penalty. I may give it another go at some stage, as my DX10 settings have changed a lot (since getting the Fixer).

One thing you might try - as it affects performance across the board - is to lower your LOD radius (temporarily) and see if that helps. If not, then you may have to resort to the dark art of Bufferpools tweaking (see the "How-to").

Incidentally, I fired up the A2A Spit with G-effects turned on. They work a treat! Shame I wrote off so many Spits in testing though LOL!

Adam.

sleightflight
August 26th, 2014, 09:23
Mmm interesting, I am on usepools = zero at the moment so everything gets fired straight at my EVGA gtx780 classified which seems to handle it fine, just the scenery loader thats struggling.
I will disable the traffic first and see if that sorts it out, kind of hoping its not that as I like a bit of traffic, I already have cars and boats off and everything else fairly low.

odourboy
September 22nd, 2014, 16:15
I installed the NVidia GeForce drivers version 344.11 yesterday and noticed that I have G-Effects working in DX-10. Also getting a sun blooming effect that I've never seen in DX-10. :jump:

sleightflight
October 3rd, 2014, 22:35
Yes I keep my drivers up to date, I get a screen going white effect if I look towards the sun from the cockpit now.

TheFamilyMan
October 8th, 2014, 21:14
I too now get this near white out "blinding effect" when looking straight into the sun, regardless of being in the VC or outside. Finally a driver update worth my while, and I am stoked: First the fixer comes back to the market with a really good update, and now this!!!

mjrhealth
October 8th, 2014, 22:34
Id assume that because FSx was DX9 Nvidia wouldnt fix old issues, but since they are fixing P3D issues which is DX11, hopefully each fix they do for it will improve the DX10 experience assuming DX11 and 10 are not that far apart.

Anthin
October 15th, 2014, 18:07
High Adam.

Just watched your Milford sound-C-172. Very nice indeed.
That waterfall, is that an addon with Milford Sound Airport
or is in the original ORBX NZ SI?

I never noticed it before.

BTW. I get those white and dark flashes too.

With Thanks Anthin.
Ps. Are you Fraps or Shadow play?

Adamski_NZ
October 16th, 2014, 00:58
Just watched your Milford sound-C-172. Very nice indeed.
That waterfall, is that an addon with Milford Sound Airport
or is in the original ORBX NZ SI?

I never noticed it before.

Ps. Are you Fraps or Shadow play?
The waterfall comes with the NZMF add-on - which is well worth getting, as it covers a fairly large area and is beautifully done (there are a few animated waterfalls in that area).

I have an old card that doesn't support Shadowplay, so it was done in FRAPS.

Here's a comparison:

NZSI+NZMF:
http://s20.postimg.org/yh5f6uz0d/nzmf_01.jpg

NZSI only:
http://s20.postimg.org/s0wggrqgt/nzmf_02.jpg

Default FSX (!!!):
http://s20.postimg.org/5dh7amawt/nzmf_03.jpg]

Adam.

Anthin
October 19th, 2014, 16:54
Thank you Adam. I will buy it for sure this Pension day.

Anthin.

Adamski_NZ
October 19th, 2014, 20:58
Thank you Adam. I will buy it for sure this Pension day.

Aha! Another youngster like me! :)

Adam.