PDA

View Full Version : Talon's USMC Aces repaints released!

UncleTgt
May 27th, 2014, 06:11
Always did like flying this set of missions, so I thought I'd bring the Donationware F4F Wildcat skins up to date ...

Using Morten's F4F4 skin as a base, & combining elements from the MS Stockers I created templates for both F4F4 & F4F3 & started to splash some paint (mainly markings once the base paint was sorted!):stupid:.

UncleTgt
May 27th, 2014, 06:13
and a couple more...

Talon
May 27th, 2014, 09:09
As usual top notch UR.

That campaign was done because someone begged for months to do it.He has never even flown it and I won't mention his name but it starts with R and ends with i.:jump:

bobhegf
May 27th, 2014, 10:05
I would love to use the donation ware F4F in my missions but I don`t like the airfile that came with it. I have tried to sub the 1% airfile but it doesn`t work so I went back to the stock AC with the 1% airfile. Is there some way to use the 1% airfile with this AC?

I really like the new skins that you have done.

Talon
May 27th, 2014, 10:42
I would love to use the donation ware F4F in my missions but I don`t like the airfile that came with it. I have tried to sub the 1% airfile but it doesn`t work so I went back to the stock AC with the 1% airfile. Is there some way to use the 1% airfile with this AC?

I really like the new skins that you have done.

Bob you may also have to change other things in the plane to use the 1% airfile.

Rami did a pack a few years ago with new air and cfg files for the FDG Donationware planes.Why not give it a shot? I know he got them more to specs.

UncleTgt
May 27th, 2014, 10:57
Bob,

I agree with Talon, the Donationware models are nice + maybe Ramis airfiles will get you what you need.

But no worries, if you use the stocker/B24 Guy models, I have templates that would work for them too...

Talon
May 27th, 2014, 11:13
I probablycould get them to 1% statis but don't have the reality x module for them.

Fibber
May 27th, 2014, 12:06
........I had a major HD problem back a few weeks ago and lost some files and had some scrambled. Ramis Donationware .dps was one of the files I seem to have lost. Does anyone have it or know where it is hidden in this library? I can't seem to find it again.

Talon
May 27th, 2014, 12:33
Bob,

See if this works,

Put in 1% airfile

Realityx CFG file

next use the CFG file from 1% wildcat.

Change the contact points in it to the FDG ones.

Copy and paste all the [fltsim.0] info into it.

Delete CDP.

Fibber
May 27th, 2014, 14:26
.....was Rami's file named "FDG2..historical performance"?

bub
May 27th, 2014, 16:32
Unc,
Those are some absolutely stunning looking "Cats's. I see I'll be digging out that Wildcat to give her some new "clothes".
Thanks for all the hard work.
Bub

bobhegf
May 27th, 2014, 19:29
I think I have it will check in the morning.

UncleTgt
May 27th, 2014, 23:53
Bob,

Some old Navy skins I did a while back for the MS Stocker ... wouldn't take much to replace markings with USMC skins. Just in case :cat: - or maybe just for AI flights, if you're worried about frame rates with a large furball.

Talon
May 29th, 2014, 10:14
I think I have it will check in the morning.

Did it work for Bob?

bobhegf
May 29th, 2014, 16:02
I have been tied up with real life this week and have not had time to do much work with CFS2. I havn`t had time to try anything yet. I work with one online pc and do all the scenery and missions on an offline pc which makes it harder and takes me a little longer If anyone else wants to try go for it I am going to try to start as soon as I can. I am retired but help my sister take care of our 97 year old mother and this week was my turn. Lasr week I was able to fly all the Cactus missions up through the 30th of Aug. 1942 and ended up with a tolal of 35 kills starting on the 20th of Aug up tp the 30 of Aug 1942. This is way to many kills so I have got to figure out a way to make things realistic as far as the kills go. I have tried earlier this year to replace the stock mdl with the donationware F4F mdl in the 1% folder of the F4F but I couldn`t get it to work. I also tried to just replace the airfile but that didn`t work eather. I am going to try the patch and see what happens but i have got to locate a CD that isn`t full download then put the download on the cd then move it to the other pc and donload it to that pc before I can get anything done. i will do the best I can fellows because I am almost finished with the cactus Missions and scenery. I sure would like to get it to work.

Devildog73
May 30th, 2014, 22:05
As usual top notch UR.

That campaign was done because someone begged for months to do it.He has never even flown it and I won't mention his name but it starts with R and ends with i.:jump:

Well this Devildog has flown it Talon and really like the missions!

Now I am going to get the good Uncle's skins on your birds and fly them again!

Semper Fi, Do or die.
Once a Marine, always a Marine!
OOOOORAHHHHH!

Okay, back to my reserved self, enough of the Gung Ho-ness for the day!

Devildog73
May 30th, 2014, 22:09
.....was Rami's file named "FDG2..historical performance"?

"FDG2_historical_performance_package"

I have it and Talon, do you need me to email you the Reality X dll?

Fibber
May 31st, 2014, 07:12
.....I have the package but I was just trying to make sure that it was the right one. Sometimes references are made to enhancement\improvements and without stating where those items are contained in, or are referred to obliquely.

UncleTgt
June 1st, 2014, 14:05
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/963114015623856370.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Donationware F4F Wildcat USMC skins by UncleTgt

This is a set of USMC repaints for the Donationware F4F Wildcat for CFS 2.

The inspiration for these repaints was Talons USMC Aces mission pack - I wanted to try to emulate the appearance of the MS stocker repaint standards whilst building on prior work by Smashing Time, Rob H, & Morton et al.

These repaints depict a variety of a/c operating out from Henderson, Guadacanal, during 1942/3.
VMF112

F4F-4 "Black 29" De Blanc JAN '43

VMF121
F4F-4 "Black 53" Foss OCT '42
F4F-4 "White 84" Palko NOV '42

VMF212
F4F-3 "Black 8" Bauer OCT '42

VMF221
F4F-4 "White 77" Swett MAR '43
F4F-4 "White 77" Swett APR '43

VMF223
F4F-4 "White 2" Carl SEP '42

VMF224
F4F-3 "White MF-1" Galer OCT '42
F4F-3 "White 5" Hartley OCT '42

To install, unzip the download to a temporary folder. Use as replacement textures with the relevant F4F-3 or F4F-4 model as appropriate.

Thanks to:

Gramps/Donationware for the original aircraft.

Talon for his USMC Aces mission pack that was the inspiration for these repaints.

Morton, Smashing Time & Rob H for their pioneering work on these repaints, all I did was to combine elements from each together with elements of the MS stocker template.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

JUN 2014

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Donationware USMC Wildcat skins UT.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18520&catid=57)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
June 1st, 2014, 14:10
UncleTgt,

Outstanding effort, what was once old is now new again! :wiggle:

Talon
June 1st, 2014, 15:08
Me thinks UT is trying to get me to continue with the USMC flying from Guadalcanal.

BTW great work UT.

UncleTgt
June 2nd, 2014, 00:35
Al,

Am I that transparent? :icon_twisted:

I thought I would just revamp some a/c skins, & they just happen to be SOPAC skins, that's all ...:bi_polo:

Talon
June 2nd, 2014, 09:34
Al,

Am I that transparent? :icon_twisted:

UT,

I stated it as I was finishing the USMC Aces Campaign. No one showed any interest in it so I shelved it.

It started Febuary1943 with you still flying the Wildcat and you would have been flying Corsairs as it went along.It was based more on eveyday ops but you would have flown as some Aces during the Campaign.

CrisGer
June 9th, 2014, 00:29
Fantastic work by all hands. hope to see the campaign at some point and the skins are top notch! very very good work all around.