PDA

View Full Version : R3Y Tradewind

gray eagle
May 27th, 2014, 05:37
I got a good deal on the Virtavia R3Y Tradewind and after reading the book, I didn't find any info in the manual on reversing the props to back up off the beach.
Is there a reverse props key?

http://i58.tinypic.com/n1s75z.jpg

Paul Anderson
May 27th, 2014, 06:12
A turboprop (like the Beech King Air, engine_type=5) should kick into reverse thrust if you press and hold F2 for several seconds.
Don't know if that's enough to back you off the beach though.
You might try opening the throttles more before press/hold F2.
Practicing with the King Air on land should give you an idea of what to expect.
Hope this helps.

gray eagle
May 27th, 2014, 06:26
A turboprop (like the Beech King Air, engine_type=5) should kick into reverse thrust if you press and hold F2 for several seconds.
Don't know if that's enough to back you off the beach though.
You might try opening the throttles more before press/hold F2.
Practicing with the King Air on land should give you an idea of what to expect.
Hope this helps.

It works, thanks. :adoration:

lazarus
May 28th, 2014, 06:22
While testing some seabase toys I also noted; after running the A/C up the ramp of my LST(OOPS!) while attempting a ramp mate and getting stuck inside the tank deck, that SHIFT/P, pushback, also works . Not even unrealistic; the Bowloader had an anchor aft that was streamed on the run in to pull the Aircraft off the beach. You can see it dangling in some photos of the -2

gray eagle
May 28th, 2014, 08:02
While testing some seabase toys I also noted; after running the A/C up the ramp of my LST(OOPS!) while attempting a ramp mate and getting stuck inside the tank deck, that SHIFT/P, pushback, also works . Not even unrealistic; the Bowloader had an anchor aft that was streamed on the run in to pull the Aircraft off the beach. You can see it dangling in some photos of the -2

I thought of that after I posted here but wasn't sure if there was another way to back up. thanks :untroubled: