PDA

View Full Version : FSX panels not working

brettt777
October 5th, 2008, 18:45
I have a number of modern fighters that a fly in FSX, including the HAF F-16. I have a few of them, incuding said F-16 and the Accel Pack FA-18 that won't show the instruments or HUD's. In fact, none of the F-16's I have tried will show the HUD or any instruments and all of them have none transparent canopies in VC mode. I have tried every different F-16, F-15 and FA-18 panel I can find and for some reason, none of them work. Of course, the majority of the panels that are "FSX compatible" aren't. I get very tired of people saying they will work in FSX only to get the usual error message for every single gauge telling me it is an older version and won't work with FSX. Anyway...now that I have vented, does anyone know why I have a few planes with panels that just won't work while several others do work? The one that really baffles me is the Accel pack FA-18. I know it use to work but now, even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything several times, tried different video drivers and anything else i could think of I get nothing. No HUD at all, no MFD's, no instruments, nothing. WHY???

cheezyflier
October 6th, 2008, 03:51
i'm just guessing at a possible fix, but have you checked the panel cfg. Files?

brettt777
October 6th, 2008, 04:34
Well yes I have but I am not sure what exactly I would be looking for, especially since one of the planes that don't work is one that comes with Accel Pack. It worked before but for some reason it won't work now. Hey, I just had a thought....I tried a new plane last night and that panel didn't come on either, till I started the engines. You know how some planes, at least with me, when you go into a flight they are started already and some aren't? These planes that don't work, they are always running when I go into the flight. Maybe I need to shut them down and restart them to get my avionics working.....??? I'll let ya know.

Navy Chief
October 6th, 2008, 04:36
Brettt777,

I wish you the best of luck. I experienced the same problem a couple months back, and posted about it here. Alas, the post history is gone. I ended up doing a "gulp", total reinstall.

NC

cheezyflier
October 6th, 2008, 09:25
Brettt777,

I wish you the best of luck. I experienced the same problem a couple months back, and posted about it here. Alas, the post history is gone. I ended up doing a "gulp", total reinstall.

NC

if you're just doing the default re-install, it's not so bad. as long as you don't have a bunch of sceneries and stuff. i have done it many times and everytime i have, there has been some improvement of quality or frame rate.
in my mind, i say don't be afraind to re-install. just make sure you do the un-install properly, and thoroughly.

brettt777
October 6th, 2008, 20:01
Well shutting down and restarting didn't help. Also, I have done a total reinstall several times. The last two just for this problem and obviously it didn't fix the problem. What makes this so frustrating is that the FA-18 that comes with Accel Pack use to work. The HUD and MFD's came up just fine. But not any more even with a reinstall. What exactly do You mean by a TOTAL reinstall?