PDA

View Full Version : P6M Seamaster FSX

gray eagle
May 26th, 2014, 14:18
This is a converted P-6M Seamaster for FSX, it needs some work on the canopy glass and the sounds are aliased to a 737 and no VC cockpit either.
This aircraft was converted to Gmax V1.2 and modified for FSX by Bruce Fitzgerald.
If anyone is interested in developing this project further, please let me know. Any comments,brickbats or bouqets can be addressed to Frank Elton, felton@online.no

napamule
May 30th, 2014, 15:22
Frank,
I am having a lot of fun flying and landing your neat model in FSX Accelleration. I worked on the contact points (floats) and the FDEs and it lands at 65 kts. Smooth as silk. No 'plunking' down hard on water. Yet it jams Mach 0.99 at FL400. I added gear (type 1 cnt pts) to make it 'eligible' to do 'push back' (back out from beach/dock). I use steer angle on rear most floats (40.000) and DON'T NEED to use type 5 (water rudder) cnt pts-they don't work right plus you the ability to turn is always available. No need to push any keys.

I am working on it's ability to turn (yaw problem) while on AP and/or doing a heading change. Not sure what gives, but will figure it out. It turns, but not 'co-ordinated',and heading change is real slow. It's an air file thing.

I flew it from California Central to Seattle and back on AP. I don't do repaints, or texture edits. Don't know how. Hopefully you'll find someone to help you out. By 'next tuesday' I should have the yaw 'loosened' up (I hope). It's a shame this model is not picked up by more simmers. It's a WINNER in my book. Cheers.
Chuck B
Napamule

gray eagle
May 30th, 2014, 16:15
Frank,
I am having a lot of fun flying and landing your neat model in FSX Accelleration. I worked on the contact points (floats) and the FDEs and it lands at 65 kts. Smooth as silk. No 'plunking' down hard on water. Yet it jams Mach 0.99 at FL400. I added gear (type 1 cnt pts) to make it 'eligible' to do 'push back' (back out from beach/dock). I use steer angle on rear most floats (40.000) and DON'T NEED to use type 5 (water rudder) cnt pts-they don't work right plus you the ability to turn is always available. No need to push any keys.

I am working on it's ability to turn (yaw problem) while on AP and/or doing a heading change. Not sure what gives, but will figure it out. It turns, but not 'co-ordinated',and heading change is real slow. It's an air file thing.

I flew it from California Central to Seattle and back on AP. I don't do repaints, or texture edits. Don't know how. Hopefully you'll find someone to help you out. By 'next tuesday' I should have the yaw 'loosened' up (I hope). It's a shame this model is not picked up by more simmers. It's a WINNER in my book. Cheers.
Chuck B
Napamule

I'd be very interested in any fixes you made to this bird. With all the right polish, this could be a winner. :adoration:

napamule
May 31st, 2014, 16:38
I agree. Still working on it. Had a very busy day today. Lots of housework and spring cleaning. I moved furniture, threw out old tv's, computer parts, old fans, etc, and took in the aluminum cans and water bottle plastic. Sweat like a pig all day (felt good-hehe). Just now sat down. I need a nap. I can send cfg and air via email, tomorrow, I hope. Will PM you my email. And any email (AOL?) is fine, as file size is small anyway. CUL8R.
CB
Napamule

lazarus
June 1st, 2014, 12:31
I'm not certain what you have in mind here- updating as a port-over; mostly, that's been done several times, with the usual port over proviso's. No VC. Well; a static VC. A re-manufacture to FSX would be better, within the limits of the model- some inaccuracies, animations absent- hatches, hydroflap/speedbrakes, bomb door. Still, a conversion would allow a VC merge.
On to other seaplane thingies;

and some ramp equipped seaplane barges.

And some P6M repaints. I guess they work in FSX. Have to check. On this page, flightsim.com

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=25049923

napamule
June 1st, 2014, 15:16
Gray Eagle would like to have the canopy (glass) textures re-worked (hello-where are you Erwin Welker-hehe). The glass is opaque in the VC view, ruining the view (static VC panel or not). My 'work around' is to use 'Shift+Enter' to raise the seat and look 'over' the glass, and then use Ctrl+Shift+Backspace' to center view, so I can fly in VC view mode. But simmers don't like to do all that. Oh..FYI...your link did not work (for me). Best use zip file name?
Chuck B
Napamule

lazarus
June 1st, 2014, 15:48
I'll have to load it up and look, but I think one or the other of the texture packs take care of that. I think; the last time I had that one in, I was using it as AI, and it all seemed OK.At any rate, it should be just a texture fiddle. If I could sort out the rudder animation, it can be had for FSX as native. Alas, that one eludes me, though I was able to get a FSX export with all but the rudder working properly. I must look. Seems to me I chucked it in the bin!

gray eagle
June 1st, 2014, 16:08
I'll have to load it up and look, but I think one or the other of the texture packs take care of that. I think; the last time I had that one in, I was using it as AI, and it all seemed OK.At any rate, it should be just a texture fiddle. If I could sort out the rudder animation, it can be had for FSX as native. Alas, that one eludes me, though I was able to get a FSX export with all but the rudder working properly. I must look. Seems to me I chucked it in the bin!

This has potential to be a ducky addition to FSX. Adding rudder animation would be awesome.....
Like to get a decent AB effect. Not sure if it needs engine exhaust smoke......:bee:

gray eagle
June 2nd, 2014, 07:17
Well, I managed to clear up that otherwise cloudy canopy glass. Found some old Glass wax (you old timers (Baby Boomers) remember Glass Wax?) I still have a can. :adoration:

But seriously folks, all that need be done is to load the glass.bmp file in DSXBMP and invert the Alpha. Pretty good for old dude like me to figure out eh?

I'm working on the start up smoke effects and tinkering with a AB effect. Film at eleven.......
http://i62.tinypic.com/2h3tzr9.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/315fubq.jpg