PDA

View Full Version : Question for ut..........

Fibber
May 22nd, 2014, 12:13
........with all your excellent enhancements of many of the PTO bases have you ever considered turning your attention further Westward like Indochina or Korea? (nudge, nudge..wink,...wink....Hint..hint..eh...eh?:biggri n-new:)
Just asking....
(Sorry about lower case for your initials but typed wrong and the site doesn't want to let me go back and address it properly)

UncleTgt
May 23rd, 2014, 04:21
Hi Fibber,

I'm still getting used to a new WIN 7 PC, so not much time for scenery building projects yet.

For the excludes & landclass work I will need old tools that won't work in WIN 7, so I still retain an old XP box off line. But I am focused on getting SBuilder/CFS2Autocoast set up to work first, the stability & bgl compile speed will make any new scenery projects much quicker.

After all, there are plenty of candidates :eek:

Although my sceneries will work with a stock PTO install, I'm focused on making stuff for Rhumbas more accurate mesh. With that in mind, these are my thoughts:

There are lots of candidates.

Maskrider was working on the Solomons, but hasn't posted for a while. I hoped his work would join with my own New Ireland & New Britain sceneries & allow some revamping of those old SOPAC missions & campaigns we all love.

I know Shadow Wolf would love to see a revamped Philippines, & that would inspire some more of his stellar work...

Seeing as DD73 is doing BPF missions, Sakishima, Formosa & maybe the Jap Home Islands are candidates.

Back to the SWPTO, Papua New Guinea & west to Sumatra all need a redo.

and when I first started, I wanted to see India/ Burma coasts & rivers modelled well using Rhumbas mesh, & wondered if it was even possible.

... and I haven't even mentioned South East Asia, or Korea ...

Don't underestimate the size of the task for revamping areas like Indo China or Korea. Hopefully the SBuilder/ Autocoast route will speed things up, but even so they're huge areas, & a lot still relies on hand-drawing polys & lines.