PDA

View Full Version : JU52 norway

middle
October 5th, 2008, 18:42
Hiow come I get a ctd every time I try the Norway JU52 from Reg's? I've double checked everything...one thing I found is that the textures all start with eto_etc. Do I have to change thse or waht? There's also a ai_ju52 xdp that matches one on my dr_ju52 folder....i have the fx, paratroopers all that stuff, but the sim crashes when it's in the aircraft folder.

Capt. Winters
October 5th, 2008, 22:26
Hi Mid,

I have just had a quick look at both the Norway Ju52 and the one included with the defualt set of ETO aircraft.

both of these planes use the same effects and weapons, pylons and guns. so there should be no conflict relating to the loadouts for the Ju52 norway addition..

I did notice that the sound file of the Norway Ju52 is pointing to a engine sound folder called,

Engine_sounds\GR_BMW 132_3X\Sound

whereas the engine sound folder in the ETO is called

DR_Engine_sounds\GR_BMW 132_3X\Sound

Note the DR_ at the start of the name. and this I think is were your problem lies.

I would copy the sound folder out of the w40_Ju52_BOF folder and paste it into the Ju52 Norway folder and overwrite the existing one.

delete the bdp file and give it a go.

The texture names starting with ETO, they are supposed to be like that, its the name the model files are calling for.

You also have the effects and shared files in your ETO install by defualt, so there should be no issue there. I'm sure it will be the sound file calling on a non-existant folder.

HTH's

regards Rob.

PS I did this here at work just comparing the actual files and what they called for, I havent verified the fix in game yet.

Old Tiger
October 6th, 2008, 05:09
Hiow come I get a ctd every time I try the Norway JU52 from Reg's? I've double checked everything...one thing I found is that the textures all start with eto_etc. Do I have to change thse or waht? There's also a ai_ju52 xdp that matches one on my dr_ju52 folder....i have the fx, paratroopers all that stuff, but the sim crashes when it's in the aircraft folder.

:wavey:Hey middle, same thing happened to me, the ju52 from REGS, I got all of em to work except the Norway. :banghead:Must have tinkered with it for hrs. Finnaly gave up. I love the skin on that one.

Capt. Winters
October 6th, 2008, 06:54
Hi Guys,

I just tried the Norway Ju52 in game with the sound file alised as I described above and it worked perfectly.

I also got it to work with out the re-alised sound file by puting the sound folder from regs (Eng_sounds) into my ETO install as well.

regards Rob.

Old Tiger
October 6th, 2008, 07:41
Hi Guys,

I just tried the Norway Ju52 in game with the sound file alised as I described above and it worked perfectly.

I also got it to work with out the re-alised sound file by puting the sound folder from regs (Eng_sounds) into my ETO install as well.

regards Rob.

:ernae:Works for me too.:applause::applause:

middle
October 6th, 2008, 09:21
Thanks, guys..I'll give it a go...