PDA

View Full Version : R3Y Bucking Bronco

SSI01
May 20th, 2014, 04:57
Hello everyone.

I have just installed Paul Clawson's R3Y Tradewind in FSX. After choosing the aircraft and configuring the flight, then clicking "fly now," after a short pause I'm treated to wild spinning and gyrations with absolutely no stability at all.

The aircraft was installed exactly in accordance with instructions.

I also have the VA R3Y payware aircraft on the sim. Do not know if there is some sort of interference between the two. That being said, in an attempt to calm the gyrations of Paul's R3Y I have tried the .air file from the VA aircraft on Paul's R3Y - with no difference in results.

I am running FSX "Gold" edition, with the acceleration pack included.

I'm not sure what is causing this situation. Can anyone think of a possible reason for this behavior?:subdued:

PutPut
May 20th, 2014, 08:05
WOW! I just took a flight in my copy of my R3Y from Catalina Island to Long Beach and back with no problems at all. I respectfully suggest the aircraft.cfg file has become corrupted rather than the .air file. I don't have the Virtavia model, but if the names are similar in the .cfg file they might not coexist peacefully. Try reloading the plane from flightsim or simviation and see what gives. If there is a conflict between the 2 .cfg files try renaming mine (it is free and you paid for the Virtavia model) In hind sight be sure the .air files are not named the same. :dizzy:

Best, Paul

gradyhappyg
May 20th, 2014, 09:45
Are you using Accu-Feel? If so try turning it off. Been hearing some here at SOH about it not working well with some aircraft.

Roger
May 20th, 2014, 11:44
...and another possibility, is your default aircraft the Cessna 172?

mal998
May 20th, 2014, 13:41
Are you having any problems with the Virtavia aircraft on it's own?

lazarus
May 20th, 2014, 14:37
Thats interesting. I had a similar problem with the Virtavia R3y on the initial load. If I remember the glitch, it did not seem to like a water start at MTOW. Boing boing splat splash. I also did not care for the contact points set up and parked it last fall-then forgot about it. Pauls 'boat never gave a moments trouble, and I love the way it works on the water. Try reducing the payload and fuel load down to landing weight-90,000lbs or so, and see if that helps

SSI01
May 22nd, 2014, 17:35
Hello everyone. A deletion and complete reinstall of the aircraft cured the problem. As was suggested it was probably a corrupted download. I've also got the additional repaints (JMSDF/RCN/USN various) offered for this bird installed and they work fine!