PDA

View Full Version : Pc-21 fsx

mirage3
May 18th, 2014, 21:47
Is anyone interested to create a PC-21 for fsx? i have some ideas but i am searching for other interested people. write here please!

Cheers from switzerland :thumbup:

miro

YoYo
May 18th, 2014, 21:57
Is anyone interested to create a PC-21 for fsx? i have some ideas but i am searching for other interested people. write here please!

Cheers from switzerland :thumbup:

miro

???

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/

mirage3
May 18th, 2014, 23:55
yes, i know the IRIS Pc-21. but i would make a freeware...

YoYo
May 19th, 2014, 01:03
Ahh, ok! This PC-21 of IRIS is very nice and will be very hard to do better Pilatus 21 than this from his side.
Did You do any FSX model?
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/Pilatus_PC-21_2_zps53aa2861.jpg~original

Bjoern
May 19th, 2014, 09:27
Here's a general checklist for initiators of collaborative projects:

1) What will you contribute?
a - The model
b - The textures
c - The flight dynamics
d - The soundset

2) What will you do if you do not find people willing to participate?
a - Not start in the first place.
b - Do it entirely on your own.
c - Do something you are able to do (i.e. model or soundset) and upload it in the home of someone else picking it up and finishing it someday.

3) Are you willing to learn the tools of the trade to make the aircraft entirely on your own?
a - Yes
b - No

4) Would you be willing to pay others to do one or more element (i.e. FDE, sounds or else) of the aircraft to accelerate development despite going for a freeware release?
a - Yes
b - No

Best prospects for success:
- Picked one or more replies for question #1.
- Picked b or c for question #2.
- Picked a for question #3.
- Question 4 does not matter, but should be kept in mind.

Worst prospects for success:
- Picked none for question #1.
- Picked a for question #2.
- Picked b for question #3.
- Picked none for question #4.

The reality is that aircraft projects take a whole lot of time and unless you're at least willing to go for it on your own, chances for success are nonexistant. You might be able to pick up some other contributors on the way, but expecting to contribute nothing more than hollow ideas and information and having other people do the real work will get you nowhere.

Good luck anyway.

mirage3
May 19th, 2014, 10:01
My roadmap:

1) b & d
2) b
3) a
4) b

Also thank you bjoern

YoYo
May 19th, 2014, 22:43
So, only textures and sundset? Its a 10-15% of model. I still cant understand any idea of this "idea". As Bjoern said -it isn't "piece of cake" and only "idea".
Sometimes developer devotes 3 years to do a nice model and as I said too - I cant imagine to do better model than this Iris Pilatus 21 (and for free big support from the others).
Sorry for my criticism but good luck anyway.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/Screenshot53049_zps0d461c28.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/Screenshot24928_zpsc6066570.jpg~original

ak416
May 20th, 2014, 04:31
The IRIS PC-21 is great, but after trying everything from panel optimizations to manually resizing the glass displays in the cockpit, I just can't get that thing to run smoothly on my PC. A freeware alternative that is less resource intensive would be welcome.

Bjoern
May 20th, 2014, 05:31
My roadmap:

1) b & d
2) b
3) a
4) b

Also thank you bjoern

Okay, looks like this is a bit more serious.

For modeling, you could do some research on Blender and exporting to FSX. It's still a fairly new approach to modeling stuff for FSX, but Blender is more modern, better documented as it's free and open source, much more up to date than the age old GMax and doesn't cost a dime, unlike the superexpensive 3DS Max.

Gauges can be nicked from the Acceleration F/A-18.

The FDE can be basic for a start.

So try to get into Blender first and then see how far you can take this project.

skyhawka4m
May 20th, 2014, 13:13
IRIS is nice but a hanger queen for me as it kills my FPS

YoYo
May 20th, 2014, 13:49
IRIS is nice but a hanger queen for me as it kills my FPS

With this CMFD Optimilizer I have stable 30 fps, but for sure, it depends from the spec.
It can kill fps.