PDA

View Full Version : Marc Marquez: 5 In A Row

Panther_99FS
May 18th, 2014, 16:34
Marquez slipped to 10th place on the opening lap despite taking pole position on Saturday, but the reigning world champion quickly made up ground on the Bugatti track and overtook Valentino Rossi (http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/valentino-rossi/) of Italy on the 13th lap before pulling away

Phew!
-> http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/motogp/motogp-marquez-overcomes-early-mistake-to-win-fifth-straight-race/

SPman
May 18th, 2014, 16:48
I think we can safely say, the fight is on for who will be 2nd this year - Champion is a forgone conclusion - barring something nasty happening.

He is good though - the way he saves the front end with his elbow!

wombat666
May 19th, 2014, 01:14
He's a really nice kid as well, and I just enjoy watching him ride, if he sweeps the board this season it will be something to see.
Unlike the 'Dark Side' (F1) people do get hurt in MotoGP, and Marquez rides at 110% all the time.
Again, unlike F1, he has exactly the same bike as Pedrosa but is head and shoulders above Danni, so the much used 'superior machinery' whinging doesn't apply.
Valentino did well, and I'm thinking his team mate is losing the plot a little, Jorge needs to regain his self confidence.
Pretty happy with 'our kid' in Moto3, three wins out of five is not shabby and young Jack is taking it to the series veterans, as much as you can call 18 year olds 'veterans'.
:jump:

Victory103
May 19th, 2014, 09:40
Agree, Marquez is gone. Happy to see my other fav Rossi running inside the "alien zone" again, besides I just bought his lid prior to the start of the season!

SPman
May 19th, 2014, 16:55
Agree, Marquez is gone. Happy to see my other fav Rossi running inside the "alien zone" again, besides I just bought his lid prior to the start of the season!

Marquez and Rossi get on really well - a bit like Rossi and Simoncelli. Simmo's death really affected Rossi - more than most people think, and it's good to see he's finally got his mojo back.