PDA

View Full Version : Carenado C182 RG prop issue

Roger
May 17th, 2014, 16:33
I hadn't flown the 182 since the last fixer update but now I seem to have a prop issue. I uninstalled the aircraft then reinstalled it but the issue persists. I tried to post in the fixer forum but unfortunately I couldn't copy and paste the screenshot. The prop alpha is black where I see the issue. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/17/hE6bN.jpg

Adamski_NZ
May 17th, 2014, 22:25
I hadn't flown the 182 since the last fixer update but now I seem to have a prop issue. I uninstalled the aircraft then reinstalled it but the issue persists. I tried to post in the fixer forum but unfortunately I couldn't copy and paste the screenshot. The prop alpha is black where I see the issue. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?
Weird! I don't get this at all ... and I don't think I used any of the DX10 Tools on that model. Some things to try:

1) Set your Scenery->Aircraft slider fully to the right.
2) Check that you've applied any updates from Carenado.
3) Try running DX10 Toolbox on that aircraft (Convert 8bit textures and/or "Tag model as aircraft".

http://s20.postimg.org/wimoaiwn1/c182rg_proptest.jpg

Adam.

Roger
May 18th, 2014, 04:26
Thanks Adam:ernaehrung004:. I'd already checked for updates and I'm up to date. I'll try scenery/aircraft slider right and I have convert 8 bit textures ON. This is a weird issue and when I opened the prop texture I was fully expecting to see a corrupt alpha or something.

Roger
May 18th, 2014, 13:22
Interestingly, unchecking the 8 bit texture fix made the issue go away. Go figure...

Paul J
May 18th, 2014, 14:32
Interestingly, unchecking the 8 bit texture fix made the issue go away. Go figure...

Page 76 of the manual, chap 16.
If this is ticked then DX10 Scenery Fixer attempts to recognize textures that are entirely transparent and treat them as opaque. It's a little more complicated than that, and has changed somewhat as the versions have changed. Steve does advise that leaving it on may cause an issue here or there.

pj

Roger
May 18th, 2014, 15:26
Okay that's good to know Paul.

Adamski_NZ
May 18th, 2014, 17:48
I got the impression (from earlier versions and/or the documentation) that checking that option was undesirable as it applies globally (to every aircraft) - and that it's better to use DX10 Toolbox to "fix" the odd legacy aircraft instead.

Adam.

Paul J
May 19th, 2014, 06:11
I got the impression (from earlier versions and/or the documentation) that checking that option was undesirable as it applies globally (to every aircraft) - and that it's better to use DX10 Toolbox to "fix" the odd legacy aircraft instead.

Adam.

That was the case, Adam. This is one of those settings that may well have an impact of some part of the DX10 api that Steve hasn't found, or hasn't tested for, yet - and I believe he's changed how it works in the next release of the Fixer.

Best,

pj