PDA

View Full Version : New Focke-Wulf Fw-200C4 and C6 models for CFS2

Shessi
May 17th, 2014, 01:48
Hi Folks,

Just uploaded two new models of the Fw200C Condor for CFS2. A C4 model and and an Hs293 anti-ship rocket carrying C6 model. Looking after the senior sim I made them Multi-LOD, no glightstates/crashcheck probs, new DP. Have fun!

Cheers

Shessi

Blood_Hawk23
May 17th, 2014, 02:44
If Goring wasn't such an Idiot the Germans would of had better aircraft in the later stages of the war. That is an example of one, if fully developed, that could have been more trouble for the Allies.

Rami
May 17th, 2014, 03:16
Hi Folks,

Just uploaded two new models of the Fw200C Condor for CFS2. A C4 model and and an Hs293 anti-ship rocket carrying C6 model. Looking after the senior sim I made them Multi-LOD, no glightstates/crashcheck probs, new DP. Have fun!

Cheers

Shessi

Mark,

Well done! :triumphant: Your ability to keep this under wraps qualifies you for MI-6! :jawdrop: If you happen to run into Roald Dahl or Ian Fleming there, tell them I said hi. :very_drunk:

Rami
May 17th, 2014, 03:20
If Goring wasn't such an Idiot the Germans would of had better aircraft in the later stages of the war. That is an example of one, if fully developed, that could have been more trouble for the Allies.

John,

Don't throw it at the feet of Göring alone...the death of Walther Wever in 1936 had a strong hand in the direction of the Luftwaffe, as well. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_Wever_%28general%29) And, it was a Tactical Air Force whose purpose was to serve the Wehrmacht, not a Strategic Air Force.

But let's not distract from Shessi's accomplishment here. We can continue this on Skype. :encouragement:

Blood_Hawk23
May 17th, 2014, 03:25
Agreed.

Outstanding work Shessi. Truely...

Shessi
May 17th, 2014, 03:25
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/768614003214957153.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: Two new models of the Focke-Wulf Fw-200C4/C6 Condor for FS9 and CFS2 by Shessi, May 2014.

This a Fw-200C4 bomb carrying model of KG 40, multi-LOD, new DP for CFS2.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Focke Wulf Fw 200C4 Condor.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18476&catid=54)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
May 17th, 2014, 04:18
Mark,

After getting my hands on her, I modified the aircraft.cfg and .air files for a C-3 configuration, the closest match I could find.

Weight was adjusted to the closest specs I could find...31,020 lbs empty, and 50,045 lbs fully loaded.

I also put the fuel capacity into an "overload" configuration...1,064.25 US gallons in each main tank, with 250.3 gallons in each reserve tank.

It helped the range out markedly, but not enough to be a cure for the real long-range missions in the "Kondor" campaign. Nevertheless, this newer model really adds an extra dimension to that campaign. It is a major improvement over the old model, and you are to be commended. :encouragement:

With these mods, she no longer takes off "hands-free," but she still gets up without issues, very critical for the short runway at Vaernes, Norway.

I love the exterior model details, they look very inviting to repaint, especially for the masters like Morton and UncleTgt.

I will actually be sending something your way as compensation I think you'll like.

Shessi
May 17th, 2014, 07:20
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/775914003349371241.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: Two new models of the Focke Wulf Fw200C4/C6 Condor for Fs9 and CFS2 by Shessi, May 2014,

This a Fw-200C-6 HS-293 anti-ship rocket carrying model of KG40, multi-LOD, new DP for CFS2.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Focke-Wulf Fw-200C6 Condor with HS-293.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18477&catid=54)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

misson
May 17th, 2014, 09:17
Thank u Shessi! Any new plane brought or made for cfs2 is very welcome!:encouragement:

Captain Kurt
May 17th, 2014, 15:41
Outstanding Shessi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thank you

Shessi
May 17th, 2014, 23:10
You're welcome fellas!

Rami, thanks, as everything can be improved upon. Why not upload?

I spent a long time getting it right for us 'ol boys, and although Greg Law's/Groundcrew's Fw200 is good, and great on the FR's, this Fw200 can directly replace it in any missions etc, as I was getting the same FR's as the GC one.

Of course many thanks to Hauke and Greg for their models and permissions etc.

Cheers

Shessi

gius
May 18th, 2014, 01:50
Great models!!:applause::applause::applause:

Thanks, Shessi.

Gius

kelticheart
May 19th, 2014, 00:37
MAGNIFICENT MODELS SHESSI!!!

:applouse: :applause: :applouse:

Thank you!
KH :ernaehrung004:

Rami
May 19th, 2014, 00:57
Rami, thanks, as everything can be improved upon. Why not upload?

Shessi,

Here you go...

miamieagle
May 19th, 2014, 05:40
Thank you!:applause:

kdriver
May 19th, 2014, 07:22
Beautiful job Shessi - thanks very much.

One small problem inherited from the earlier Condor for Windows 7 users: you will get the black circle of death when you select the bombsight - Win 7 doesn't like 1024x768 resolution. I resized the bmp to 800x600 which fixes the problem but the resolution isn't that good.

Kevin

beepee
May 19th, 2014, 08:45
Just got a request for a 2D panel for the new FW -200...
I got the primary bmp done... are you interested in working a config. etc. for Roland?
Let me now...
cheers,

G.

Hi Gaucho
I just downloaded the birds. I saw your picture in a CFS2 discussion thread, but I cannot find it again.
I can just remenber that your gauges layout was slightly different from the original panel made by Shessi.
Before telling you if I am interested in working a config file, I have to check these new birds to see how the 2D panel and VC view a set up.
Anyway, If you draw a 2D panel, it is easier to me for making the config file to:
1)get a 2D bipmap with pure black holes at the places of the gauges, and if it is possible, no gauges perspectives...
2)get a separate bipmap (same dimension as 2D panel's one) for the details that appears above the gauges : ie stearing weel/joystick, throttle pedestal, etc. ...
3) to use CFS2 existing gauges.... I know how to changes the color of gauges, but making new ones is far beyond my knowledge...

PM me your first work, and I will tell you what I can do.

Cheers

Beepee

beepee
May 19th, 2014, 08:52
Beautiful job Shessi - thank you very much

Beepee

gaucho_59
May 19th, 2014, 08:58
First, I will make a head on view (symmetrical) of the overall panel...
after you see it... we can go from there...
Tell you what I would like to do... if you can at all use gauges without bezel screws...
that would be the best because they can be made part of the panel... instead of those
ugly ones with the stock CFS2 gauges...
At any rate... let's get first things first...

A bientot,
G.

gaucho_59
May 19th, 2014, 11:58
Hi Gaucho
I just downloaded the birds. I saw your picture in a CFS2 discussion thread, but I cannot find it again.
I can just remenber that your gauges layout was slightly different from the original panel made by Shessi.
Before telling you if I am interested in working a config file, I have to check these new birds to see how the 2D panel and VC view a set up.
Anyway, If you draw a 2D panel, it is easier to me for making the config file to:
1)get a 2D bipmap with pure black holes at the places of the gauges, and if it is possible, no gauges perspectives...
2)get a separate bipmap (same dimension as 2D panel's one) for the details that appears above the gauges : ie stearing weel/joystick, throttle pedestal, etc. ...
3) to use CFS2 existing gauges.... I know how to changes the color of gauges, but making new ones is far beyond my knowledge...

PM me your first work, and I will tell you what I can do.

Cheers

Beepee

Here is a flat perspective on the gauges... this panel is large enough it can be:
cropped to suit any size...
the active and dummy gauges can be placed anywhere...
it is a very flexible platform... that can be altered easily

I will do a pop up yoke... for the pilot.. and let the co-pilot's be part of the bmp...
(they are different.. the co-pilot's is on a pedestal.. the pilot's on a side-arm...

Let me know what you think....

cheers,
G.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2929/14038318847_e62b7855aa_o.jpg

beepee
May 19th, 2014, 14:25
First, I will make a head on view (symmetrical) of the overall panel...
after you see it... we can go from there...
Tell you what I would like to do... if you can at all use gauges without bezel screws...
that would be the best because they can be made part of the panel... instead of those
ugly ones with the stock CFS2 gauges...
At any rate... let's get first things first...

A bientot,
G.

Hi Gaucho
To get rid of the bezels screws and keep your artwork look, I have to use your panel as a "cover" in the panel config file, this way I can use "standart" gauges with bezel screws, but they won't appear in the final panel.. It is why I need to get pure black holes instead of gauges drawing in the panel bipmap. The bezel screws have in this case to be part of your artwork.
I saw the last drawing you made, it looks good. Just have to make the black holes for the gauges....
To ease the matching between 2D panel and VC panel view, draw you 2D panel so as it can be used to make the VC panel bipmaps witch will be three : Pilot panel, center panel and copilot panel. See the pictures below

A bientot,

Cheers
Beepee

gaucho_59
May 19th, 2014, 14:58
Now... you mean pure black holes only in the areas where there will be active gauges?
Could you please take the initial pic I have drawn and mark where you want black holes? and
where it is Ok to have artwork? (like dummy bezels, buttons, etc.)
I mean, you don't want to have ALL the gauges active.. do you?...

G.

highpockets
June 1st, 2014, 14:07
Shessi
Absolutely GORGEOUS!
I am amazed at the artistic abilities here!

Shessi
June 2nd, 2014, 00:38
Hi HP,
Thanks for that.

A real labour of love, but I'm pleased with the results.

Cheers

Shessi