PDA

View Full Version : DH/HS125 update posted

lazarus
May 15th, 2014, 07:37
On Robs site, some news, new screen grabs.
http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/

Been looking forward to this one, and its getting close. Long ago, when first elevated to the exalted, deeply revered position of chief dog robber, head bottlewasher and lord-high bog wallah (meaning I got to work all night, and in the morning drive down to the drunk tank to bail out the chief pilot!) I looked after a Srs.1A (later traded in on a well marinated BAC111!) 450kt dog whistle. Great jet. Built like a @#$%&^*? bridge, one of the most 'british' aeroplanes I've never worked on, and the prince of darkness was kept away from the electrics, unlike the Rapier I was driving at the time :banghead:
Looking forward to this jet, truly a tiny jetliner.
Looks lovely, Rob. :applause:

IFlySWA
May 15th, 2014, 07:58
Just beautiful!! :jump:

Brian

spatialpro
May 15th, 2014, 09:45
Those shots nicely illustrate the difference between FSX and P3D v2.2... besides the increased FPS! :jump:

Bjoern
May 15th, 2014, 09:55
I'm very much looking forward to that one!

delta_lima
May 15th, 2014, 10:27
This is such great news.

I was stoked when it first when up on his page earlier in the year, then concerned when it came off. Glad it's somewhere on/near the front burner.

Here's to a lovely little jet - after the Falcon 20 - one of the nicest looking early biz jets, in my view.

Thanks Rob, for taking on the lovely lesser-known aircraft that would otherwise never see the light of FSX day.

DL

StormILM
May 15th, 2014, 11:25
Looking very good! I remember handling many HS.125's on our ramp long ago. The original Viper powered versions were great for "Fuel Commission" as they always needed a lot of fuel. The TFE731 re-engined 700's and new build 800's were nice but rarely requested fuel as they would "tanker" in extra fuel on board for the return trip on corporate & charter flights. The Viper powered 125's also needed our rarely used stocks of Mobile Jet Oil for replenishment of engine oil. The loud "screech/whine" of the Viper engines is something I've never forgotten. The old 125 airframe is a classic, elegant.

AndyG43
May 15th, 2014, 11:36
The old 125 airframe is a classic, elegant.

Of course it is, it is a De Havilland!!

The 125 is a total thoroughbred and Rob is capturing her lines beautifully, really looking forward to this one; I just hope Toby Vickers Hatfield scenery will still work in FSX, so she can have a proper home to fly from.

Naismith
May 15th, 2014, 12:38
Those shots nicely illustrate the difference between FSX and P3D v2.2... besides the increased FPS! :jump:

Or rather the difference in DX formats. It cannot be fair to compare an 8 year old with an updated interloper. :a1310:

Ian Warren
May 15th, 2014, 14:22
Snazzy looking jet :adoration: I could easy rip up and down the country in that.

stovall
May 15th, 2014, 14:46
Good find lazarus, really looking forward to fly her.

CG_1976
May 15th, 2014, 15:52
As I don't have a Proper USCG Falcon for my USCG hanger this little mean De Havilland Jet will work perfect. Besides I am partial to De Havilland, thanks Canada.

delta_lima
May 27th, 2014, 14:36
This little gem is really starting to take shape!

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/

Bravo Rob - very much looking forward to this jet. Very limited choices (if any) for older-period/pre-glass cockpit bizjets native for FSX (actually, can't think of any except for the Xtreme Lear). This will be hotly anticipated, and undboutedly well enjoyed when it arrives.

Thanks,

dl

falcon409
May 27th, 2014, 15:44
Definitely a nice looking small jet. At first glance, were it not for the horizontal stab being positioned where it is, it would pass for a Saberliner. Geee, maybe. . .for a future project (another much ignored jet)? Definitely will be on my download list when it's finally released. . .He does some really nice work.

Navy Chief
May 28th, 2014, 04:45
Very NICE! NC