PDA

View Full Version : A sports fan's schadenfreude moment...

Rami
May 11th, 2014, 03:28
Hey all,

I have a question for you sports fans in the CFS2 world, be it hockey, football, (soccer for us Yanks) baseball, or other sport...

Do you ever find yourself so passionate about your team, especially against your archrival, that you delight in reading about your team's victory by reading their team's newspaper articles and blogs, especially in the playoffs?

Being a die-hard, borderline pathological Bruins fan, I delighted in reading the Montreal blog this morning: http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/

Devildog73
May 11th, 2014, 03:32
"borderline pathological Bruins fan"??????
You really are going to try to squeak that one past us here? REALLY?

Rami
May 11th, 2014, 03:38
Devildog73,

Hey...it's not like I'm hoping for them to die in a plane crash or get the MERS virus or anything. :wiggle:

I would LOVE to see them beat Montreal in their building tomorrow night. There's nothing a Boston fan wants more than to rub their noses in it on their home ice. Let those Pretend French cry over their crêpes.

I actually might feel a millisecond of sympathy. :biggrin-new:

Naismith
May 11th, 2014, 13:55
Overpaid bunch of prima donnas imo - and that is just about every professional sport I can think of.

Rami
May 11th, 2014, 14:32
Overpaid bunch of prima donnas imo - and that is just about every professional sport I can think of.

Naismith,

We all envy those whose talents we cannot emulate. :a1451:

Blood_Hawk23
May 11th, 2014, 17:42
GO Bruins

WE WANT THE CUP!!!
WE WANT THE CUP!!!
WE WANT THE CUP!!!

That is all...

Sarg Willy
May 11th, 2014, 19:11
Rammi !
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose , seem to recall a Boston buddy that waited till Orr was 3 games up and winning the fourth , before he called to bet $50.00 , Boston would take the Habbs ,
I sure enjoyed that !! and the pocket change from that , Scotsman I got to wave in his nose ,!!

_486_Col_Wolf
May 13th, 2014, 08:58
While I don't follow hockey at all, I did enjoy watching my Mets stick it to the Yankees last night at Yankee Staduim. So I guess the answer to your question Rami is yes.